Availability: Swissotel Metropole Geneva
Premier RoomMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Swiss Advantage Room, LakesideMax Occupancy: 3 adults
Signature Double Room, LakesideMax Occupancy: 3 adults
Junior SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 adults
Suite (City)Max Occupancy: 3 adults
Deluxe SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 adults
Belle epoque splendor by the shores of Lake Geneva
A five-minute walk from the old city, this stately 1854 4-story building looks across the manicured English Garden to Lake Geneva; the shops of Rue de Rhone are steps away.
The Amrita Fitness Center offers weights and cardio machines, the formal restaurant features trompe l'oeil (art that "tricks the eye") walls, complimentary wireless Internet, and a business center.
The 127 guestrooms and suites feature complimentary wireless Internet access, Lavazza coffee machines, CD/DVD players, and marble bathrooms. In-room massage is available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Swissotel Metropole Geneva Amenities
On the fourth floor the hotel offers the compact Amrita fitness center, with exercise machines, weights, and exercise bikes with TVs mounted in front of them.
Seven meeting rooms (five on the ground floor and two on the top floor) can be used separately or combined for events catering for up to 350 people. On the mezzanine level near the reception area is the Swissoffice, with two PC terminals and other office equipment. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas. A breakfast buffet with hot items is served daily (surcharge).
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Business center
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Total number of rooms - 127
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 4
- Babysitting or childcare
- Tour assistance
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Year Built 1854
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Billiards or pool table
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 7
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Pool table
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Secure parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Soundproofed rooms
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room massage available
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Espresso maker
Le Grand Quai - All the splendor of the Belle Epoque awaits diners here whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The walls are enlivened by gentle trompe l'oeil rural scenes, heavy red and gold taffeta drapes hang voluptuously from the ceiling and all lit up by a grand chandelier. In summer tables are also set up outside on the cobbled square. Cuisine is mainly classical French.
Bar - This quiet low lit piano bar opens onto the right side of the lobby, separating it from the Le Grand Quai restaurant. Guests plunge into leather armchairs or perch on a bar stool, gently accompanied in the evening by a some melodious tinkling on the grand piano.
Le Bistropôle - Opened in May, 2004, this reaturant offers sandwiches and wines by the glass in a contemporary setting.
Lake Geneva offers an impressive range of summer water sports options, including sailing, boating water-skiing, fishing, rowing, windsurfing, and even swimming. For those feeling less active, a variety of lake tours are also an option.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible parking
Swissotel Metropole Geneva Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 4.75 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 13 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: CHF 42 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CHF 24.90 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: CHF 100 per night
- Additional Details
Children 3 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.