Availability: Grand Hotel Opera
Comfort Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Comfort Single RoomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Triple RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Quadruple RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
4-star family-friendly hotel in Gothenburg (Gothenburg City Center) near City Museum
Located in the heart of Gothenburg, this family-friendly hotel is within walking distance of Garden Society of Gothenburg, Nordstan Shopping Center, and Palm House. Also nearby are Avenyn and Avenue.
In addition to a restaurant, Grand Hotel Opera features an indoor pool. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and a conference center.
Flat-screen televisions include premium satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature beds with pillowtop mattresses, complimentary wireless Internet access, and desks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The property is undergoing renovations. The following areas are affected:
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Select guestrooms
Grand Hotel Opera Amenities
In addition to an indoor pool, Grand Hotel Opera provides a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities measuring 1787 square feet (166 square meters) include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This family-friendly hotel also offers multilingual staff, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a fireplace in the lobby. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Grand Hotel Opera is a smoke-free property.
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 198
- Number of floors - 7/3
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Room service (limited hours)
- Year Built 1897
- Conference space size (feet) - 1787
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Steam room
- Indoor pool
- Television in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Conference space size (meters) - 166
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pillowtop mattress
A complimentary buffet breakfast is served between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Brasserie Opera - This brasserie serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Open select days
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness center.
Children under 15 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, or fitness facility without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Grand Hotel Opera Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Late check-out fee: SEK 250
- Rollaway bed fee: SEK 300 per night
- Additional Details
One child 12 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in EU Ecolabel, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Sweden. This property is rated 4 stars.