Availability: Hotel Sugar Beach
Standard Room, Garden ViewMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Standard Room, Ocean ViewMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Deluxe Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 infant)
Waterfront resort with an outdoor pool
Within easy reach of Penca Beach and Flamingo Beach, this Potrero resort is located by the ocean and set on the beach. Area attractions also include Conchal Beach and Playa Brasilito.
In addition to a restaurant, Hotel Sugar Beach features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, air conditioning, and DVD players.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The property is closed in October.
Hotel Sugar Beach Amenities
The resort offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access.
This beach resort also offers an outdoor pool, an arcade/game room, and gift shops/newsstands. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Arcade/game room
- Total number of rooms - 28
- Number of floors - 1
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free Wi-Fi
- One meeting room
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free self parking
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Beach towels
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- DVD player
- Balcony or patio
- Ceiling fan
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Satellite TV service
- Individually decorated
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
A complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Onsite dining venue - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Ziplining nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Hotel Sugar Beach Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:Guests planning to arrive after 10 PM must contact this property in advance to arrange check-in. Please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service dogs are allowed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: CRC 40.000 per vehicle (one way)
- Rollaway bed fee: CRC 11.000 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.