Book your room at Prince George Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Double Room
Room (Crown service)
- FREE Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay.
Deluxe Suite (King)
Deluxe Room (King)
Stylish hotel, gourmet dining in downtown Halifax
One block from the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, the Prince George Hotel is connected to the World Trade and Convention Centre and Halifax Metro Centre via a pedestrian walkway.
Artful presentations of fresh seafood, Kobe beef, and other menu items are presented at Gio Restaurant. The Terrace serves a variety of breakfast options, and gourmet picnics can be ordered.
Spacious, well-appointed guestrooms at the Prince George Hotel include beds with pillowtop mattresses, TVs with pay movies, and complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Prince George Hotel
Climate-controlled walkways provide convenient access to the World Trade and Convention Centre and Halifax Metro Centre, as well as to shops and attractions. Halifax Citadel National Historic Site is 1 block from the hotel, and the historic waterfront is 6 blocks away.
Gio, a modern restaurant and cocktail bar, serves artful presentations of fresh seafood and other fine dining fare. The Terrace offers a variety of daily breakfasts as well as a lavish Sunday brunch. Gourmet picnics and room service are other dining options.
The Prince George Hotel offers an indoor pool with a spa tub and adjacent sauna. The hotel also offers landscaped outdoor patios, and a complimentary fitness center is also provided.
The hotel offers 9 meeting/conference rooms with 6,120 square meters (68,000 square feet) of meeting space. Additional amenities include a concierge desk, 24-hour business center, and hotel-wide complimentary wireless and wiredInternet access.
Smoking is not permitted inside the hotel. Indoor parking is available. Pets are welcome (fees and restrictions apply).
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 68000
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 6120
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Computer station
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Currency exchange
- Health club
- Express check-in
- Number of floors - 6
- Total number of rooms - 203
- Secure parking
- Parking garage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- In the room
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- Satellite TV service
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Complimentary newspaper
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Eat and drink
Gio - Modern restaurant and cocktail bar. Artful presentations of Kobe beef, fresh seafood, game, and vegetarian options. Lunch served Monday - Friday, and dinner served Monday - Saturday.
The Terrace - Seasonal outdoor patio. Buffet, Continental, and à-la-carte breakfasts. Sunday brunch.
The Travelling Gourmet - A selection of picnic fare packed in take-home thermal containers. Minimum two-hour advance reservations with concierge required.
Room service - Available from early morning until late evening.
Year-round recreation is provided in an indoor pool with spa tub and adjacent sauna. A complimentary fitness center includes cardio equipment and free weights.
Seasonal boat excursions include sightseeing cruises, deep-sea fishing, and whale watching. Hiking trails can be accessed at nearby parks and beach coves.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
The Fine Print for Prince George Hotel
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 1 PM
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Your pets
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 5 and CAD 17 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: CAD 22 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 30 per day
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per room, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 20 per day
- We Should Mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.