Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room - Advance Purchase
- One King Bed
- One King Bed
Centrally located Hamburg hotel on picturesque canal
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
St. Michaelis Church
In the city center, this red-brick hotel stands along one of Hamburg's many canals. City Hall, St. Michaelis Church, and Monkebergstrasse are within 0.9 km (0.5 mi) away. U-Bahn station Rodingsmarkt is nearby.
Fitness with a view
The hotel's fitness center includes a rooftop terrace with spectacular city views. A day spa offers holistic treatments. The Bistro am Fleet features a winter garden and a seasonal summer terrace.
LCD TVs, Wi-Fi
Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg's spacious guestrooms face the city or the canal. All offer LCD TVs, minibars, wireless Internet access, in-room safes, and bathrobes.
This centrally located waterside hotel is 100 meters from the Stadthausbruecke S-Bahn station and 1 km from the main railroad station. The Monkebergstrasse shopping street is 0.9 km (0.5 mi) away.
The hotel's casual Bistro am Fleet provides a view of the boats plying the canal. A waterfront dining terrace is open seasonally and the piano bar is open till very late. Room service is available 24 hours a day.
The hotel also features a top-notch day spa, which includes a daylight-filled gym, a harbor-view sauna, and a rooftop exercise-and-sunning terrace overlooking the city.
Wireless Internet access is available throughout Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg for a surcharge.
- Concierge desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 233
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty services
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 7
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Full-service health spa
- Hair salon
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Health club
- Tour assistance
- Tours/ticket assistance
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking
- Parking garage
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1992
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 81
- Secretarial services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Steam room
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 872
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking, Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Air conditioning
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Private bathroom
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Window opens
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Bathroom phone
- Handheld showerhead
- Hair dryer
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Bistro am Fleet - Regional and Mediterranean fare. Views of canal. Open kitchen. Seasonal terrace open in the summer. Open daily, late morning till late night.
Restaurant am Fleet - Continental and buffet breakfasts.
Piano Bar - Lobby lounge with grand piano.
Restaurant Gourfleets - A top-awarded, gourmet restaurant with a Michelin star, Gourfleets serves Nordic cuisine with views of the Alsterfleet, a Hamburg canal. Gourfleets is open Tuesday through Saturday noon - 2:00 PM and 6:30-11:00 PM, and is closed on Sunday and Monday.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Dock nearby
- Boating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
The Steigenberger Day Spa offers a wide array of internationally inspired treatments with a holistic approach. Highlights include:
- Body wraps on a “floating couch”
- Couples treatments in a spa suite with a waterbed and a solarium
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Lomi Lomi massage
- Facials with fragrant St. Barth products from the Caribbean
- Number of treatment rooms 10
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A culture and tourism tax is imposed by the city of Hamburg starting 1 January 2013. This tax is already included in the room rate. Business travelers may be exempt from this tax. For further information contact the hotel using the information on the reservation confirmation or ask the hotel upon check-in.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 28.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 15.50 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: EUR 5.50 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: EUR 5.50 per hour (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 26.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 44 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Germany. This property is rated 5 star Superior.