Please enter your travel dates.
- One King Bed
Partial Ocean View - Aloha Prtl Ocean View
- One King Bed
Standard Room, Mountain View, Garden Area
- One King Bed
Standard Room, Ocean View - Aloha Ocean View
- One King Bed
A Dramatic Oceanfront Setting and Hawaiian Ambiance in the Heart of Kailua-Kona
In the Heart of Kona
With a dramatic oceanfront setting, on a 12-acre volcanic outcropping, this resort hotel offers a perfect location just steps from the many restaurants, shops and historical sites in the village of Kailua-Kona.
Enjoy oceanfront dining and stunning sunset views at the Polynesian-themed Don The Beachcomber Restaurant and Mai Tai Bar. This resort also hosts an award-winning Hawaiian Luau in its oceanfront Coconut Grove.
Guestrooms at the Royal Kona display classic Hawaiian style and modern conveniences. Each room features a large outdoor lanai and most offer stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and those famed Kona sunsets.
The Royal Kona Resort comprises 452 rooms in three six- and seven-story wings. Four lighted tennis courts and a pro shop are among the resort's amenities. The Hawaii resort also includes shops, a health spa, various sunning areas, and an activity desk.
Wireless Internet access is available in the hotel lobby, and meeting and banquet rooms (surcharge).
Smoking is only allowed in three designated public areas of this hotel.
- 24-hour front desk
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Spa services on site
- Swimming pool - children's
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Laundry facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 436
- Number of floors - 7
- Banquet facilities
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Business services
- Event catering
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service health spa
- Hair salon
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Local Expert Concierge
- Year Built 1968
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 5400
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 502
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 5
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Breakfast available (surcharge) hot and cold buffet
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Voice mail
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Window opens
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Don the Beachcomber Restaurant - Oceanfront, open-air setting that serves Pacific Rim cuisine. Included on the menu are prime rib, seafood selections, and their signature Huli Huli chicken, which guests may watch as they’re prepared in the exhibition-show kitchen. Daily breakfast and dinner. For hotel guests only, children ages 11 and younger eat free with a paying adult.
Don the Beachcomber's Mai Tai Bar - Located adjacent to the restaurant, this bar serves lunch, island-style appetizers, and cocktails. Open from late morning until late evening.
Breezeway Terrace Lounge - This oceanfront open-air venue features tropical wicker and wood furnishings and soft seating areas. The lounge is open for lunch; cocktails and light bar fare are available through late evening.
Luau - In the resort's coconut grove, luaus take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
On the oceanfront is a swimming pool, a small children's pool, and a good-sized sundeck. Tennis courts and a massage center (surcharge) are also on site.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Boating nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Dock nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Tennis on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Ocean view from spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express American Express, Diners Club Diners Club, Discover Discover, JCB International JCB International, MasterCard MasterCard, Visa Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 15.97 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in limited public areas: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 10 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
Guests 50 years of age or older will receive a one-category upgrade when booking Garden/Mountain View, Partial Ocean View, Deluxe Garden/Mountain View and Deluxe Partial Ocean View room categories.
Offer based on availability at the time of check-in. At time of booking, when specifying traveler and room preferences, guests must enter "Seniors" in the Special Requests box to receive this promotion.
Not combinable with any other upgrade promotions.
Honeymoon/anniversary couples will receive a complimentary bottle of champagne and a one-category upgrade. Upgrade is based upon availability at the time of check-in, and room category booked must be Garden/Mountain View, Partial Ocean View, Deluxe Garden/Mountain, Deluxe Partial Ocean View. Not combinable with any other upgrade promotion.