Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Oceanfront (without AC) - No Breakfast
Deluxe Suite, 1 King Bed, Oceanfront (without AC) - No Breakfast
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Oceanfront (with AC) - No Breakfast
Deluxe Suite, 1 King Bed, Oceanfront (with AC) - No Breakfast
Secluded inn on verdant Hamakua Coast
Atop an ocean cliff
Set amid 3.5 secluded acres dotted with macadamia-nut trees and banana plants, this peaceful Big Island inn sits atop a 100-foot ocean cliff, near shopping areas and 2 miles from beautiful Kolekole Beach.
This intimate inn offers a hot gourmet breakfast for purchase each morning served on the grand main lanai. Barbecue grills are available for rent.
All 8 individually-designed guestrooms have furnished lanais overlooking the ocean and gardens, king beds with custom bedding, jetted bathtubs or marble showers, coffee and tea makers, compact refrigerators, and free dial-up Internet access.
More than 3 acres of fragrant gardens border the secluded Palms Cliff House Inn, set atop a 100-foot ocean cliff on the Big Island of Hawaii. Kolekole Beach, with its picturesque waterfall, is a 2-mile drive. Historic Hilo Town is 11 miles away and shopping areas are nearby.
Guests have use of barbecue facilities (surcharge), including table settings and condiments. A lounge provides an honor bar stocked with snacks and nonalcoholic beverages (surcharges). Wireless Internet access and secure parking are available for free.
On request, the inn provides open-air massages (surcharges).
The inn is entirely smoke-free.
- Number of floors - 2
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Dial-up Internet access - complimentary
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Microwave in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 8
- Free parking
- Free self parking
- Picnic area
- Free secure parking
- Year Built 2000
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Tour assistance
- Video library
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free secure parking, Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Access via exterior corridors
- Furnished lanai
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Pillow menu
- CD player
- Ceiling fan
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted bathtub
- In-room massage available
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Satellite TV service
- Dial-up Internet access (complimentary)
- Premium bedding
- Turndown service (on request)
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- Ocean view
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Breakfast is available each morning on the Grand Main Lanai (surcharges apply for guests who did not book the Sunrise Rate Plan).
Guests may also request a Continental breakfast in their rooms, which includes fresh tropical fruit, breakfast breads, coffee, and tea (surcharges).
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Although the inn is poised atop an ocean cliff, it does not have beach access. Beach activities are available, 2 miles away, at Kolekole Beach Park. Akaka Falls State Park, also 2 miles from the inn, offers running and hiking paths through a lush tropical setting. Various excursions leave from Hilo Town, 11 miles away. Guests can enjoy aerial sightseeing and ecotours near the hotel as well.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Body treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at 5 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests planning to check in after 5 PM must contact the hotel in advance to ensure a key will be left out. Contact details can be found on the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Early departure fee charged
Caters to couples
No cribs (infant beds) available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for wireless Internet in limited public areas: USD 10.00 per week (rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per night
- Additional Details
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.