Availability: Hotel Derek Houston Galleria
Standard Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Superior Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Business friendly Houston hotel near Galleria Mall
Cool and contemporary
Hotel Derek keeps you "In the Loop" with its prominent 610 Westheimer location, with hundreds of shops, dining and entertainment options all within walking distance.
Pool and movie wall
Guests of Hotel Derek can enjoy an outdoor pool and a movie wall poolside each evening. Inside, highlights include a bar and restaurant, 24-hour fitness center, a computer station, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Modernist, loft style, Texas-inspired rooms include local art, designer cow-print robes, and platform beds. Long banquettes sit next to Roman-shaded floor-to-ceiling windows that offer city views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Derek Houston Galleria Amenities
The upscale shops of Houston's Galleria are 2 blocks from Hotel Derek, and the Uptown entertainment district is 1.5 miles away. Guests can take the complimentary shuttle to area attractions within 3 miles, including the shopping district and downtown Houston.
Guests will enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access throughout as well as a computer station and use the business center from 6 AM-11 PM daily. The hotel's impressive meeting facilities include 13 conference rooms measuring 18,075 square feet (1,627 square meters) in total. The secluded outdoor pool SPLASH has a poolside movie wall featuring classic Westerns nightly, and the surrounding sunning terrace is sheltered from city noise. A work-out gym stays open around the clock.
Hotel Derek's on-site restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Daily buffet breakfasts include eggs Benedict, locally cured meats and cheeses, and Belgian waffles. For lunch or dinner, the hotel’s famous "Hangover Burger" is a popular choice among others. A full-service Starbucks® bar provides coffee in the mornings and afternoons, and custom-made energy drinks later in the day. This hotel welcomes pets.
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 15
- Total number of rooms - 312
- Conference space size (meters) - 1627
- Number of meeting rooms - 13
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Conference space size (feet) - 18075
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Separate sitting area
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Pillowtop mattress
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Iron/ironing board
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- iPod docking station
- Microwave (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Restaurant Hotel Derek - Serves Texas cuisine. Guests can start the day with a breakfast feast, plated on cast-iron skillets. A Starbucks® on-the-go station serves customers in a hurry, which becomes a full-service caffeine bar later in the day. Specialties include the Hangover Burger, which pairs nicely with the hotel's CraftBeer Flight.
Room service - Order from 6 AM-11 PM daily.
A sunning terrace with cushioned teak chaise lounges surrounds SPLASH, a secluded outdoor pool. A movie wall features Westerns nightly. Offering abundant light, the 24-hour fitness center includes treadmills with individual TVs, cardio and weight-training equipment, yoga mats, towels, and purified water.
The adjacent River Oaks neighborhood offers quiet, tree-lined streets and lovely gardens for jogging or walking. Two blocks away, Houston's Galleria has an indoor ice-skating rink.
Memorial Park, two miles from Hotel Derek, offers myriad recreational opportunities, including an exercise trail, mountain biking, bird watching, sand volleyball courts, a tennis center, playing fields, and picnic facilities. A public golf course with a lighted driving range, putting greens, and a clubhouse is also within the park.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Hotel Derek Houston Galleria Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 21.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per room, per stay
- Pet deposit: USD 100 per week
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per day
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.