Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Standard Room, 2 Double Beds
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
Business friendly Houston hotel near Galleria Mall
Elegant and accessible
This hip Houston hotel, which blends cool 1960's kitsch with classic modern design, is 2 blocks from the Galleria Mall and less than 2 miles from the Uptown entertainment district; downtown is 9 miles away.
Pool with waterfall
Guests of Hotel Derek can enjoy an outdoor pool with waterfall and a patio with cushioned teak chaise lounges. Inside, highlights include the VinBar restaurant, 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary wireless Internet access in public spaces.
Modernist, loft-style rooms include a choice of firm or pillowtop mattresses, Egyptian-cotton linens and down bedding, and long banquettes beneath Roman-shaded city-view windows. All rooms at Hotel Derek are nonsmoking.
The upscale shops of Houston's Galleria are 2 blocks from Hotel Derek, and the Uptown entertainment district is 1.5 miles away. Guests can take the complimentary shuttle to area attractions within 3 miles, including the shopping district and downtown Houston.
Guests will enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access throughout and can use the business center from 6 AM until 11 PM daily. The hotel's impressive meeting facilities include 13 conference rooms, measuring a massive 18,075 feet (1627 meters) in total.
A secluded outdoor pool has a dramatic waterfall, and the surrounding sunning terrace is sheltered from city noise. A work-out gym stays open around the clock. Guests can relax and enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner at VinBar, Hotel Derek's on-site restaurant. This hotel welcomes pets.
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 15
- Total number of rooms - 312
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1627
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 13
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 18075
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Iron/ironing board
- Pillowtop mattress
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- iPod docking station
- Microwave (on request)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Turndown service (on request)
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
VinBar - Italian cuisine. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bar in restaurant.
Room service - Order from 6 AM until 11 PM every day.
A sunning terrace with cushioned teak chaise lounges surrounds a secluded outdoor pool with a waterfall. Offering abundant light, the 24-hour fitness center includes treadmills with individual TVs, cardio and weight-training equipment, yoga mats, towels, and purified water.
The adjacent River Oaks neighborhood offers quiet, tree-lined streets and lovely gardens for jogging or walking. Two blocks away, Houston's Galleria has an indoor ice-skating rink.
Memorial Park, two miles from Hotel Derek, offers myriad recreational opportunities, including an exercise trail, mountain biking, bird watching, sand volleyball courts, a tennis center, playing fields, and picnic facilities. A public golf course with a lighted driving range, putting greens, and a clubhouse is also within the park.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 19.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per room, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per day
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.