Availability: 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate
Luxury Room, 1 King Bed
5-star luxury hotel in Johannesburg with an outdoor pool
Situated in the suburbs, this luxury hotel is close to Adler Museum of Medicine, South African Museum of Military History, and Johannesburg Zoo. Also nearby are Killarney Golf Club and Linda Auditorium.
In addition to a restaurant, 10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge.
LCD televisions include premium satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature deep soaking bathtubs, fireplaces, and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate Amenities
The hotel offers a restaurant. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. Business amenities at this 5-star property consist of a business center, secretarial services, and audiovisual equipment.
An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities include a conference center, small meeting rooms, and banquet facilities. This Victorian hotel also offers an outdoor pool, a library, and a terrace. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate has designated areas for smoking.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 15
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 2
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Half board rates available
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Free self parking
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1932
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 4
- Conference center
- Pool sun loungers
- Free secure outdoor parking
- Free secure parking
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free secure parking, Free secure outdoor parking, Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Balcony or patio
- Access via exterior corridors
- Climate control
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Minibar (stocked, free items)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
- Free movie channels
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Memory foam mattress
- LCD TV
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
10 2ND AVENUE HOUGHTON ES - Overlooking the pool and garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Afternoon tea is offered.
In-room dining choices include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light snacks, available from room service (during limited hours).
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Sports center nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Bungee jumping nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Bird watching on site
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
10 2nd Avenue Houghton Estate Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 15
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.