Availability: Protea Hotel Balalaika Crown Court
Universal AccessMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Room, 1 King Bed (Crown Court)Max Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Twin Apart Non SmokingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard King Non SmokingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Crown Court Suite Non SmokingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Two Bedroom Suite Non SmokingMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Modern hotel with pools in Sandton centre
By shopping complex
Modern hotel with colonial themed design set in lush, landscaped gardens, attached to Village Walk Shopping Centre and within walking distance to Nelson Mandela Square and Sandton City Shopping Centre.
Guests can relax by the two outdoor pools, unwind in the fitness centre, and enjoy fine wines and dining in the restaurant. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access are available.
Protea Hotel Balalaika Crown Court's air-conditioned guestrooms all have satellite TV and desks with modem points.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Balalaika Crown Court Amenities
Guests of the Protea Hotel Balalaika Crown Court can lounge beside a choice of 2 outdoor swimming pools or relax with a drink and a complimentary paper in front of the open fire in the traditional lounge. The fitness center boasts a state-of-the-art gym and separate steam rooms in the changing rooms. Guests can enjoy drinks and meals in the privacy of their rooms thanks to 24-hour room service.
Knowledgeable staff can provide local information, translation services, and tour advice. The front desk is open round the clock and meeting and conference rooms are available for business use, in addition to a 24-hour business center. Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is available in public areas. Those arriving by car can make use of on-site garage parking.
The hotel adjoins the Village Walk shopping complex, with a wide range of shops, boutiques, bars, and restaurants. The hotel offers an airport shuttle (surcharge), a complimentary shopping shuttle, business services, a computer station, a conference center, and event catering. This property is wheelchair-accessible. Medical assistance is available on-site.
- Steam room
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Coffee shop or café
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Babysitting or childcare
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge services
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Total number of rooms - 330
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Year Built 1949
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in lobby
- Designated smoking areas
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Room service (24 hours)
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Premium bedding
- Free Wi-Fi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cribs/infant beds available
Guests of the Protea Hotel Balalaika Crown Court enjoy a wholesome breakfast each morning (for which there is a nominal fee if a Bed and Breakfast rate is not purchased).
The Colony Restaurant - Open for breakfast every day, the restaurant boasts views of the landscaped gardens and swimming pool.
The Bull Run Restaurant - Wood and bare brickwork create a warm atmosphere in this fine-dining restaurant and terrace, serving a range of meat and seafood dishes and select wines. Breakfast is served daily in the restaurant's dining room from 6:00 AM to 10:30 AM. Open for lunch and dinner Sunday through Friday and for dinner on Saturday.
The Oval Coffee Shop - Light meals, snacks, cakes, sandwiches, coffees, and muffins in addition to homemade soups are on offer all day in the lobby café.
Lord's Cigar Bar - Solid wood furniture, chandeliers, and plush upholstery characterize this bar where guests can sample cigars from around the world and choose from a long list of cocktails.
Pool Terrace - Overlooks the main swimming pool. A light menu is served during the day.
The hotel gym features state-of-the art fitness equipment, and separate men's and women's bathrooms, which include showers and saunas.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
Protea Hotel Balalaika Crown Court Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A city/local tax will be charged
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 165.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: ZAR 90.00 (for 2 hours, rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 545.00 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: ZAR 25.00 per night
- Deposit: ZAR 500.00 per night
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa (FTTSA), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.