Book your room at Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
Please enter your travel dates.
Yurt with separate shower house
- Two Beds
Deluxe Room, Garden View
- Two Beds
Deluxe Room, Oceanfront
- Two Beds
4-star Victorian hotel in Kapaau with a full-service spa
Situated by the ocean, this spa hotel is close to Kamehameha Park, Kenjis House, and King Kamehameha Statue. Also nearby are Kamehameha Statue and ATV Outfitters.
In addition to a restaurant, Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a full-service spa and complimentary wireless Internet access.
All guestrooms include shared bathrooms and complimentary toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
- The Overview
In addition to a full-service spa, Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. The hotel offers a restaurant. This 4-star property offers access to audiovisual equipment and small meeting rooms.
High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 1200 square feet (111 square meters) include conference/meeting rooms and banquet facilities. This Victorian hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia is a smoke-free property.
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Rooftop terrace
- Free outdoor parking
- Business services
- Video library
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 16
- Number of floors - 3
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Media library
- Half board rates available
- Full board rates available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Free self parking
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Pool sun loungers
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 111
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 3
- Free long-term parking
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Year Built 2009
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1200
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Free long-term parking, Free outdoor parking, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- The Room
- Complimentary toiletries
- Shared bathroom with sink in room
- The Eats
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Ula Ula Dining Room - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Afternoon tea is offered. Reservations are required.
- Out and About
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and complimentary bicycles.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Ecotours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Running track/path on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Mind and Body
Maluhia Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The Fine Print for Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 6 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests are required to contact the property to make check-in arrangements. Contact information is provided on the confirmation page received after booking.
Check-out time is 11 AM
Accepted at this hotel: American Express American Express, Discover Discover, JCB International, MasterCard MasterCard, Visa Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
- We Should Mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in The Green Leaf Environmental Standard (GLES), a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.