Availability: Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia
Yurt with separate shower houseMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe Room, Garden ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Deluxe Room, OceanfrontMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
4-star Victorian hotel in Kapaau with a full-service spa
Situated by the ocean, this spa hotel is close to Kamehameha Park, Kenjis House, and King Kamehameha Statue. Also nearby are Kamehameha Statue and ATV Outfitters.
In addition to a restaurant, Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a full-service spa and complimentary wireless Internet access.
All guestrooms include shared bathrooms and complimentary toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Amenities
The hotel offers a restaurant. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. In addition to a full-service spa, Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Event facilities measuring 1200 square feet (111 square meters) include conference/meeting rooms and small meeting rooms. This Victorian hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. Concierge services, wedding services, and tour/ticket assistance can be provided. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia is a smoke-free property.
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Rooftop terrace
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 16
- Number of floors - 3
- Babysitting or childcare
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 111
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Free self parking
- Year Built 2009
- Conference space size (feet) - 1200
- Pool sun loungers
- Free long-term parking
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Outdoor pool
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Room Amenities
- Shared bathroom with sink in room
- Complimentary toiletries
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Ula Ula Dining Room - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required.
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Ecotours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Maluhia Spa has 5 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 6 PM
Special check-in instructions:Guests are required to contact the property to make check-in arrangements. Contact information is provided on the confirmation page received after booking.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express American Express, Discover Discover, JCB International, MasterCard MasterCard, Visa Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 5 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in The Green Leaf Environmental Standard (GLES), a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.