Availability: Aston Islander on the Beach
Please enter your travel dates.
Plantation-style hotel on the beach in Kauai
Located on a nearly deserted beach, this East Kauai resort hotel offers sweeping views of the Pacific and provides a central location for exploring both North and South Kauai.
Pool, spa tub, bar
Amenities include a plantation-style lobby, swimming pool, and spa tub. Across the street, the Coconut Marketplace offers restaurants, shops, and a movie theater.
Guestrooms at this Kauai resort include plantation-style furnishings and lanais with views of Aston Islander on the Beach's lush tropical gardens and/or the ocean.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 3 March 2014 to 25 July 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours on weekdays. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Select guestrooms
Aston Islander on the Beach Amenities
The Aston Islander completed a $10 million renovation in 2005. A total of 198 guestrooms were refurbished, and a new plantation-style lobby fronts the resort.
A swimming pool and spa tub are located on site, and complimentary high-speed Internet access is available. Just across the street, the Coconut Plantation Marketplace offers over 60 specialty shops, restaurants, and a movie theater. Parking is free.
- Concierge services
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Picnic area
- Babysitting or childcare
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 198
- Number of floors - 3
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free self parking
- Number of buildings/towers - 8
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Video-game console
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free local calls
- DVD player
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Daily housekeeping
- Free Wi-Fi
The Aston Islander does not have its own restaurant.
Across the street, the Coconut Marketplace, a one-story open-air shopping-and-dining village, contains many restaurants and food stands.
The Wailua Golf Course runs along the ocean 10 minutes south. The Wailua River, five minutes south, is the longest navigable river in Hawaii, and boat and kayak trips up the river are popular.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Rafting nearby
Aston Islander on the Beach Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:The front desk will be closed daily from 11 PM - 7 AM.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 18 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- Additional inclusions
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.