Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Garden View
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Pool View
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Respire, Standard Room, 1 King Bed
Self-contained Hawaiian resort on Kauai
Hidden gardens and picturesque grottos earmark this expansive resort overlooking a surf-swept beach at an isolated end of South Kauai.
Pools and palms
The 50-acre Grand Hyatt Kauai resort includes pools, waterfalls, a saltwater lagoon with a 150-foot slide, a sandy beach with palm-tree-studded islands, and the 45,000-square-foot ANARA Spa.
Lanais feature mountain, ocean, or garden views; marble bathrooms have double sinks, phones, and Portico toiletries. Guestrooms at Grand Hyatt Kauai also include high-speed Internet access.
The Grand Hyatt Kauai is a self-contained resort arrayed on 50 naturally contoured, lavishly landscaped acres overlooking the blue Pacific. Located at an isolated end of South Kauai, the hotel is popular with celebrating couples and families.
This South Kauai resort is adjacent to the 18-hole Poipu Bay Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. Family-friendly amenities include an expansive water park with 150-foot water slide and the Camp Hyatt kids' club (surcharge).
The 45,000-square-foot ANARA Spa offers treatments such as the Polynesian Noni Wrap, Four-Handed Lomi Lomi Massage, and the Royal Hawaiian Facial. The spa's health club includes a lap pool, fitness center, and classes such as yoga.
Serving contemporary Hawaiian cuisine, Tidepools restaurant is housed in open-air thatched huts adjacent to a koi lagoon. Dondero's features classic Italian cuisine and elegant decor with marble floors and Franciscan murals. Other dining options include an Asian-fusion restaurant, a tropical café with nightly hula, and a club-like lounge with fine spirits and nightly live music.
Grand Hyatt's 65,000 square feet of meeting and event space includes 19 meeting and conference rooms and a grand ballroom for 2,000 guests. An on-site business center provides computers with high-speed Internet access and other services (surcharge). Self parking (free) and valet parking (surcharge) is available.
Camp Hyatt (surcharge) provides half-day, full-day, and evening sessions of Hawaiian-themed activities for children ages 3–13.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 602
- Number of floors - 6
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Golf course on site
- Tennis on site
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Free parking
- Free self parking
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare
- Picnic area
- Pool table
- Poolside bar
- Local Expert Concierge
- Room service (24 hours)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 6039
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Beauty services
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Billiards or pool table
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Lazy river
- Number of spa tubs - 3
- Children's club
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 11
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 65000
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 19
- Snack bar/deli
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Free parking, Free self parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Bathroom phone
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Multi-line phone
- Turndown service (on request)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Cordless phone
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- LCD TV
- Mountain view
- Ocean view
- Beach view
Grand Hyatt Kauai Luau - Luau event featuring authentic cuisine, dance, crafts, and performances. Sunday and Thursday evenings.
Tidepools - Open-air thatched huts adjacent to koi lagoon and waterfalls. South Seas ambience. Contemporary Hawaiian cuisine. Tropical drinks, wine list, and children's menu. Dinner served.
Dondero's - Indoor and alfresco dining. Inlaid marble flooring, ornate tile decorations, and Franciscan murals. Classic Italian cuisine, extensive wine list. Dinner served.
Ilima Terrace - Open-air restaurant surrounded by koi ponds and waterfalls. Casual dining for breakfast and lunch.
Yum Cha - Views of the famous Poipu Bay Golf Course. Asian-fusion cuisine for dinner.
Seaview Terrace - Open-air dining overlooking the resort's landscaped grounds and the ocean. Espresso and pastries in the morning; Hawaiian appetizers and tropical drinks in the evening. Torchlighting ceremony on Saturday, Tuesday, and Friday; Keiki (Children) Hula Saturday and Tuesday.
Poipu Bay Grill and Bar - Located in the golf-course clubhouse with views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Salads, sandwiches, local specialties, and cocktails. Breakfast and lunch served; bar open until early evening.
The Dock - Overlooking the lagoon beach. Self-service, cafeteria-style dining. Burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Open from late morning to early evening.
Captain's Bar - Views of Keoneloa Bay. Light fare and tropical drinks. Open from late morning to sunset.
Stevenson's Library - Intimate seating areas and a 27-foot, handcrafted koa-wood bar. Nightly live entertainment. Pool table, backgammon, and chess. Single-malt Scotch whiskeys, rare ports, and cognacs. Sushi served Friday–Monday evenings. Open from early evening to late evening.
Shipwreck Bar - Adjacent to the saltwater lagoon. Open from late morning to early evening.
The "Share the Stars" dining option allows guests to enjoy a secluded dinner with a private server at a linen-draped table near the beach.
Guests can experience a traditional Kauai celebration with the hotel's Polynesian Revue, which includes an authentic Luau feast and hula performance presented Thursday and Sunday evenings. Guests can enjoy cocktails, a Hawaiian dinner buffet, and a taste of Polynesian history and culture.
Guests are welcome to be serenaded by live nightly performances at Seaview Terrace and Stevenson's Library. A cultural torch lighting ceremony as well as keiki (children) hula performances are held every Tuesday and Saturday in the main lobby.
This oceanfront resort is adjacent to the 18-hole, par 72 Poipu Bay Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. A water park features a 1.5-acre saltwater lagoon with beach, a 150-foot water slide, several spa tubs, and an artificial river that meanders through lush gardens and hidden grottos and under waterfalls to a freshwater lagoon pool. <
Shipwreck Beach, in front of the resort, is for strong swimmers, boogie boarders, and surfers only. For ocean swimming, Poipu Beach is two miles west. The S-shaped beach's lower loop is protected by an artificial reef. The upper loop offers surfing and boogie-boarding. In between, there's great snorkeling among lava rocks around a small sand islet.
Island activities include helicopter sightseeing tours along the spectacular Na Pali Coast, coastal and river-boat excursions, and deep-sea fishing. Horse riding is available both along the beach and in the countryside.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Bird watching on site
- Golf - driving range on site
- Golfing on site
- Kayaking on site
- Playground on site
- Running track/path on site
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Spiritual and physical rejuvenation can be found at the renowned ANARA Spa, with lava-rock showers and thatched-roof treatment huts. Set amid a tropical garden, the Anara Spa facilities include 16 indoor and outdoor treatment spaces, and a spa tub. A state-of-the-art fitness center and an open-air yoga/cardio pavilion are part of the 20,000-square foot pavillion. Treatment services include body scrubs and wraps, facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. Guests also have access to the full-service salon and spa boutique.
The ANARA Spa health club offers free weights, strength-training, and cardio equipment, as well as fitness and wellness classes, including yoga, water aerobics, and interval training.
Guests under 14 are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 16
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Spa café
- Spa boutique
- Minimum age to access spa is 14
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- A 4.17 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Resort fee: USD 26.04 per accommodation, per night (effective 1 January 2012)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Spa access (may be limited)
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room bottled water
- Self parking
- Additional inclusions
- Valet parking fee: USD 15 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
Sunshine on Sale
Book a 5-night minimum stay in Sunshine on Sale rate plan July 3, 2013-January 3, 2015 for travel within the same period and receive the following:
- Every 5th night free (reflected in rate paid at time of booking)
- Daily buffet breakfast for 2
Honeymooning couples receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and keepsake amenity during their stay.
Couples celebrating an anniversary receive a welcome amenity during their stay.
Repeat guests returning within the past five years receive a welcome amenity.
Kids Stay Free
A maximum of three children, 18 years of age and younger, may share a room with adults free of charge (there is a maximum of four people in one room). Those 19 years of age and above will be assessed the additional-person charge.