Availability: Gaya Island Resort
Posh beach resort with a conference center
Within easy reach of Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, KK Esplanade, and Kota Kinabalu Central Market, this Gaya Island resort is located by the sea and set on the beach. Local attractions also include Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal and KK Plaza.
At Gaya Island Resort, relax by an outdoor pool or hit the beach where you can enjoy snorkeling.
Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature wireless Internet access (surcharge), safes, and coffee/tea makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Gaya Island Resort Amenities
Gaya Island Resort features an outdoor pool and a children's pool. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's bars, which include a beach bar and a poolside bar. Business-related amenities at this 5-star property consist of audiovisual equipment and a meeting/conference room.
An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 968 square feet (90 square meters) include a conference center and banquet facilities. This luxury resort also offers a library, multilingual staff, and concierge services. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a ferry terminal shuttle.
Gaya Island Resort is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 121
- Number of floors - 2
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Event catering
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet point
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting/conference room
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Beach bar
- Room service (limited hours)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 90
- Year Built 2012
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 968
- Conference center
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Complimentary toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Hair dryer (on request)
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Partially open bathroom
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Free movie channels
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10:30 AM.
Feast Village - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Fishermans Cove - This restaurant specializes in seafood and serves dinner only. Reservations are required.
Pool Bar and Lounge - This poolside family restaurant serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Tavajun Bay - This beachfront restaurant serves lunch only. A children's menu is available.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bird watching on site
- Boating on site
- Fishing on site
- Kayaking on site
- Running track/path on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Gaya Island Resort Policies & Fees
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Destination fee: MYR 20 per person, per night
- Boat transfer per adult: MYR 140 (roundtrip)
- Transfer service fee per child: MYR 70 (roundtrip), (from 2 to 11 years old)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: MYR 92.80 for adults and MYR 46.40 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: MYR 50 per day (rates may vary)
- Additional Details
Guests must transfer via boat to the property. Guests must contact the property at least 72 hours before travel, using the contact information on the confirmation received after booking. This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.