Please enter your travel dates.
Tanjung Sea View, Twin Room, 2 Single Beds
- 1 king
- 2 single
Tanjung Sea View, Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Sea View
- One King Bed
Kinabalu Club, Twin Room, 2 Single Beds, Mountain View
Kinabalu Club, Room, 1 King Bed, Mountain View - Club Benefits
- One King Bed
Kota Kinabalu luxury resort with a private beach
5-star Sabah resort
This Malaysia beachfront resort on Borneo's northern coast is a 10-minute drive from downtown Kota Kinabalu and Kota Kinabalu International Airport. Poring Hot Springs is 30 minutes away.
Shangri La's Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa features a private sandy beach and 2 outdoor pools set in lush gardens. The spa's open yoga pavilion includes a deck over the South China Sea.
Rooms At Shangri La's Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa feature balconies, views of the South China Sea or Mount Kinabalu, and LCD TVs. Bathrooms include separate showers and soaking tubs.
Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa is located in Kota Kinabalu, capital city of the Malaysian state of Sabah. The 492 room seaside resort is just 10 minutes away from the airport, city and Coral Islands, and is surrounded by 25 acres of lush gardens.
The resort offers 4 restaurants and an abundance of recreational facilities such a water play area complete with slides, swimming pool with tapered shoreline, spa tub and infinity section for adults, a private sandy beach with direct access, tennis courts, a nine-hole pitch and putt golf course, Cool Zone (Kids Club), Leisure Centre, a Health Club, seven restaurants and CHI, The Spa.
A buffet breakfast is available (surcharge).
- Full-service health spa
- Children's club
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- On private beach
- Poolside bar
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Coffee shop or café
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free parking
- Self parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange
- Tour assistance
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Babysitting or childcare
- Hair salon
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Pool table
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Tennis on site
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 492
- Arcade/game room
- Private beach - direct access
- Free breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking
- Year Built 1983
- Free guest parking during stay
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Self parking, Valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- LCD TV
Café TATU - Open kitchen design and cooking stations. Includes Mongolian, Tandoori, Asian noodles, and dim sum. Breakfast buffet, lunch à la carte, and dinner. Casual dress.
Peppino - Modern Italian fare in an ambient setting, and wines from around the world. Dinner only. Smart casual dress.
Shang Palace - Chinese cuisine, including dim sum. 2 private dining rooms are available. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Casual dress.
Coco Joe's Bar and Grill - Serves lunch and dinner.
In addition to scheduled activities, the resort offers petanqué, a 9-hole pitch and putt golf course, and table tennis. Bicycle rentals, as well as a jogging path, are on site. Bay and deep-sea fishing and banana boat rides are available. The resort can assist with scuba diving, snorkeling, jet skiing and water skiing, parasailing, and windsurfing.
- Golfing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Playground nearby
- Table tennis nearby
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa's spa and health club offers a variety of services and is open daily from 6 AM to 11 PM (spa treatments from CHI The Spa from 10 AM onwards).
Body Scrub (50 minutes): MYR170
Pumice scrub of ylang ylang, geranium, and pine oils.
Thermal Salt Glow (50 minutes): MYR170
Body exfoliation treatment followed by massage with lotion.
Body Wrap (60 minutes): MYR300
Hydrating body wrap followed by a scalp, neck, and foot massage.
Herbal Delight (90 minutes): MYR270
Body scrub with chamomile followed by full-body massage with lavender oil.
Marine Immersion (120 minutes): MYR470 Natural spirulina boday wrap followed by a body massage with marine lotion and body-firming cream.
- Facial treatments
- Body wraps
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
This hotel requests that guests indicate their arrival time at time of booking, especially if they plan to arrive before the 2 PM check-in time.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: MYR 84 per person (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: MYR 160 per night
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Shangri La's Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa is listed in the 2010 Travel + Leisure 500.
Book a stay in a Bonus Choice rate category and receive complimentary broadband Internet access and complimentary late check-out till 4 PM, plus your choice of ONE of the following bonus benefits:
- One-way airport transfer for either arrival or departure
- MYR 200 dining credit per stay
- MYR 200 spa credit per stay