Please enter your travel dates.
Double or Twin Room
Boutique hotel near Wawel Castle in Old Town Krakow
This hotel made the exclusive Expedia© Insiders' Select™ list, which includes only the very best hotels and resorts on Expedia, as rated by our hundreds of thousands of customers and our in-house experts.
Expedia Insiders' Select methodology:
Expedia Hotel Expert input
Expedia Insiders' Select score
Close to basilica
Located on Krakow's oldest street, at the foot of Wawel Royal Castle and Wawel Cathedral, historic Hotel Copernicus is within a 10-minute walk of Main Market Square, Cloth Hall, and St. Mary's Basilica.
Indoor pool, sauna
The hotel's medieval cellar houses an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center. With frescoed walls and a Renaissance ceiling, a fine-dining restaurant specializes in classic aristocratic Polish cuisine.
All 29 individually decorated guestrooms at Hotel Copernicus offer minibars, complimentary high-speed Internet access, air conditioning, and marble and travertine bathrooms with robes and slippers.
Hotel Copernicus occupies a historic palace with Gothic red-brick façade, restored frescoes, and wooden-beam ceilings. The award-winning Copernicus Restaurant features aristocratic Polish cuisine, room service is available 24 hours and a buffet breakfast is served daily (surcharge). Leather club chairs surround a stone fireplace in the Fireplace Hall, which provides a computer for guest use and a wood-paneled library with antique books and manuscripts. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in a sky-lit atrium courtyard. Beneath Gothic vaulted ceilings in the cellar, an indoor pool has a terracotta floor in the design of the hotel logo. An adjacent fitness room includes a sauna. A rooftop terrace provides panoramic views of Wawel Royal Castle and St. Peter and Paul Church. The terrace hosts an open-air bar in warmer months.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 29
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 3
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Fireplace in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- One meeting/conference room
- Multilingual staff
- Secure parking
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Individually decorated
- Window opens
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Designer toiletries
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
Copernicus Restaurant - Intimate fine-dining restaurant with exposed wooden beams, wood floors, frescoed walls, and white tablecloths. Mezzanine dining area with coffered wooden Renaissance ceiling. Sommelier. Specializing in aristocratic Polish cuisine. Live piano music on weekends. Open for lunch and dinner.
In-room dining - Available 24 hours a day.
The hotel's Gothic cellar houses a 24-hour wellness center with an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 1 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express American Express, MasterCard MasterCard, Visa Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: PLN 1.6 per person, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: PLN 70 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: PLN 80-110 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: PLN 84 per night
- Additional Details
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Relais & Chateaux.