Availability: Tanjong Jara Resort
4.5-star resort with pools, private beach, full-service spa
Within easy reach of Tanjung Jara Beach, this Dungun resort is set on its own private beach. Regional attractions also include Golf Desa Dungun and Bukit Bauk Forest Reserve.
Catch some rays on Tanjong Jara Resort's private beach or spend the day relaxing at the full-service spa. Then enjoy a meal at one of the resort's 2 restaurants.
Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature wireless Internet access (surcharge), air conditioning, and safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- This property will be closed from 12 October 2014 to 12 February 2015 for renovations and will resume operation once the renovation is complete (completion date subject to change).Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours on weekdays. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
Tanjong Jara Resort Amenities
Simply step outside to unwind on the resort's beach. Spend the day at the beach and work on your tan with sun loungers (chaise longues) or relax in the shade with umbrellas. At Tanjong Jara Resort you can cool off in one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools and indulge in a pampering afternoon at the full-service spa.
Dining is available at one of the resort's 2 restaurants. A poolside bar is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury resort also offers outdoor tennis courts, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Limited complimentary onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One meeting room
- Outdoor tennis courts 2
- Full-service spa
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Direct access to private beach
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 99
- Laundry facilities
- Parking (limited spaces)
- On private beach
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1998
- Free self parking
- Spa tub
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free Wi-Fi
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Room service (limited hours)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Tennis on site
- Spa services on site
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( $50.00 MYR / per day )
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking, Parking (limited spaces)
- Room Amenities
- Complimentary bottled water
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Flat-panel TV
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Down comforter
Di Atas Sungei - This restaurant specializes in Malaysian cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner.
Nelayan - This beachfront seafood restaurant specializes in seafood and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Teratai Terrace - This poolside cocktail bar serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
A private beach and outdoor tennis courts are featured at the resort. 2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a spa tub. Other recreational amenities include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Ecotours on site
- Kayaking on site
- Boat tours on site
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the resort's full-service spa, Spa Village Tanjong Jara. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy. The spa is equipped with a spa tub.
Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Tanjong Jara Resort Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Bumbung or Serambi sea-view rooms are subject to availability and incurs an additional charge. For further information, guests can contact the property using the number on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Special policies:Bumbung or Serambi sea-view rooms are subject to availability and incurs an additional charge. For further information, guests can contact the property using the number on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: MYR 81.20 for adults and MYR 40.60 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: MYR 50 per day (rates may vary)
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.