Availability: Protea Hotel Hilton
Universal Access Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Universal Access KingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Superior Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
4-star Victorian hotel in Pietermaritzburg with 2 outdoor swimming pools
Situated near the airport, in Pietermaritzburg, this hotel is in the same area as Howick Golf Club, National Botanical Gardens, and Howick Public Falls. Regional attractions also include City Hall and Voortrekker Museum.
In addition to 2 outdoor swimming pools, Protea Hotel Hilton features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a conference center.
LCD televisions include satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature deep soaking bathtubs, complimentary wireless Internet access, and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Hilton Amenities
Protea Hotel Hilton features 2 outdoor swimming pools, an outdoor tennis court, and a children's pool. The hotel offers a restaurant and a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This Victorian hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and a garden. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site. A total renovation of this property was completed in February 2011.
Protea Hotel Hilton is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 97
- Number of floors - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Picnic area
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Conference center
- Outdoor tennis court
- Snack bar/deli
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Tennis on site
- Pool cabanas (complimentary)
- Pool sun loungers
- Free long-term parking
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Children's pool
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Free long-term parking, Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Access via exterior corridors
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- LCD TV
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Ellington - This restaurant is located by the pool. A children's menu is available.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a children's pool. Other recreational amenities include an outdoor tennis court.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Tennis on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Protea Hotel Hilton Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- 0.1 percent tourism fee will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 165 for adults and ZAR 82.50 for children (approximately)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.