Book your room at Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge
Standard Superior RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Family RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Family Suite Piazza Facing ViewMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Junior SuiteMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Executive SuiteMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
PenthouseMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
4-star hotel with restaurant and outdoor pool
Situated in the entertainment district, this spa hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Gateway Shopping Centre and Umhlanga Hospital. Umhlanga Lighthouse and Umhlanga Rocks Beach are also within 3 mi (5 km).
Nearest Transport Options
A restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center are available at this hotel. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a rooftop terrace, and a conference center are onsite.
All 205 rooms offer comforts like Tempur-Pedic beds and premium bedding, plus WiFi and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Room service, coffee makers, and hair dryers are among the other amenities available to guests.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge
Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge features an outdoor pool and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
Business-related amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center and a meeting room. This business-friendly hotel also offers a rooftop terrace, spa services, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and an area shuttle. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 205
- Number of floors - 7
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Hair salon
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas
- One meeting room
- Business center
- Rooftop terrace
- Multilingual staff
- Pool sun loungers
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 2009
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Outdoor pool
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Access via exterior corridors
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
- Tempur-Pedic mattress
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Late night fare is available from room service (during limited hours).
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool or fitness facility without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Manicures and pedicures
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- All children are welcome.
- Children under 12 years old stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 155 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 55 per night
- Deposit: ZAR 300 per night
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.