Book your room at Protea Hotel Umhlanga
Standard Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Standard KingMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Universal AccessMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Umhlanga hotel with an outdoor pool
Situated near the airport, in Umhlanga, this hotel is close to Umhlanga Lighthouse, Umhlanga Hospital, and Umhlanga Rocks Beach. Also nearby are Umhlanga Lagoon Nature Trail and Gateway Shopping Centre.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel Umhlanga features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge.
In addition to LCD televisions with satellite channels, guestrooms include kitchenettes. Bathrooms come with separate bathtubs and showers and designer toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Umhlanga
At your hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. This 3-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms.
Public areas are equipped with high-speed wireless Internet access (surcharge). 3 meeting rooms are available. This Umhlanga hotel also offers an outdoor pool, barbecue grills, and gift shops/newsstands. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle and an area shuttle. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Protea Hotel Umhlanga has designated areas for smoking.
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Total number of rooms - 120
- Designated smoking areas
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 8
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- RV, bus, truck parking
- 24-hour business center
- Year Built 1998
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Park your car
Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking
In your room
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Eat and drink
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Lighthouse - This restaurant serves breakfast only.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The fine print for Protea Hotel Umhlanga
When you arrive
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
When you leave
Check-out time is 10 AM
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- A city/local tax will be charged
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 500
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.