Book your room at Protea Hotel Umhlanga
Standard Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Universal AccessMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Standard KingMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
3-star hotel with restaurant and outdoor pool
Situated near the airport, this hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Umhlanga Lighthouse, Umhlanga Rocks Beach, and Umhlanga Lagoon Nature Trail. Umhlanga Hospital and Gateway Shopping Centre are also within 2 mi (3 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a poolside bar, a 24-hour business center, and WiFi in public areas.
All 120 rooms feature kitchenettes with refrigerators and microwaves, plus sofa beds and LCD TVs with satellite channels. Other amenities available to guests include WiFi, separate bathtubs and showers, and coffee makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Umhlanga
The hotel offers a restaurant. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. This 3-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms.
Public areas are equipped with high-speed wireless Internet access (surcharge). 3 meeting rooms are available. This Umhlanga hotel also offers an outdoor pool, barbecue grills, and gift shops/newsstands. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle and an area shuttle. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Protea Hotel Umhlanga has designated areas for smoking.
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Total number of rooms - 120
- Designated smoking areas
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 8
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Year Built 1998
- 24-hour business center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Air conditioning
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Lighthouse - This restaurant serves breakfast only.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- A city/local tax will be charged
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Late check-out fee: ZAR 500
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.