Please enter your travel dates.
Sea Facing Cabana
- One King Bed
Upscale hotel on the beach, with 2 outdoor swimming pools
This Umhlanga hotel is located in the entertainment district, nestled on the beach a short distance from Umhlanga Lighthouse, Umhlanga Rocks Beach, and Umhlanga Lagoon Nature Trail. Nearby attractions also include Gateway Shopping Centre.
Spend the day catching some rays at the beach, relaxing by one of The Oyster Box's 2 outdoor swimming pools, or pampering yourself at the full-service spa.
Guestrooms have complimentary wireless Internet access, air conditioning, and DVD players; rooms also include premium bedding and safes.
The Oyster Box features a full-service spa, 2 outdoor swimming pools, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness facility. The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Business amenities at this 5-star property consist of a business center, secretarial services, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities include a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a library, a terrace, and a complimentary children's club. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours), a cruise ship terminal shuttle, and an area shuttle. Onsite valet parking is complimentary. A total renovation of this property was completed in January 2010.
The Oyster Box has designated areas for smoking.
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Free secure covered parking
- Free parking nearby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Children's club (free)
- Supervised childcare/activities (free)
- Conference center
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Casino shuttle (surcharge)
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Shopping center shuttle (complimentary)
- Free valet parking
- Computer station
- Total number of rooms - 86
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Event catering
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Tour assistance
- Free breakfast
- Parking nearby
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Year Built 1947
- Beauty services
- Full-service health spa
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 5
- Wedding services
- Security guard
- Banquet facilities
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 3
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business center
- Business services
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Coffee shop or café
- Computer rental
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Luggage storage
- Babysitting or childcare
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Free parking
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Secretarial services
- Self parking
- Video library
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Free secure covered parking , Self parking, Free valet parking, Parking nearby, Free parking nearby
- Room Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Balcony or patio
- Bathroom scale
- Shower/tub combination
- Access via exterior corridors
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Sewing kit
- Free Wi-Fi
- Individually decorated
- Pillow menu
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Turndown service
- Bathroom phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Ceiling fan
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- CD player
- Complimentary newspaper
- Wake-up calls
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- In-room massage available
- Wheelchair accessible
A complimentary breakfast is served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
The Ocean Terrace - Overlooking the ocean, this family restaurant specializes in Indian cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Palm Court - This coffee shop specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Afternoon tea is offered. Open 24 hours. Reservations are required.
The Grill Room - This fine-dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves dinner only. Reservations are required. Some meals may not be served daily.
The Lighthouse Bar - This rooftop bar specializes in international cuisine and serves light fare only.
The Oyster Bar - This Champagne bar specializes in international cuisine and serves light fare only.
24-hour room service is available.
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a sauna and a 24-hour fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Playground nearby
The Spa has 6 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy. This garden view spa is equipped with Turkish bath/hammam.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision. Guests under 12 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Garden view from spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 12
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Visa, Diners Club, MasterCard
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 2
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Early departure fee charged
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Babysitting/childcare fee: ZAR 80 per hour, per child (ages 1 to 12 years old)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the cruise terminal, airport, and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only. Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Alcohol is not permitted at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.