Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
- Two Double Beds
Deluxe Double Room, 2 Double Beds
- Two Double Beds
Suite, 1 King Bed with Sofabed
- One King and One Sofa Bed
Located in the town of Panajachel on the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlan
Explore our hotel
Porta Hotel del Lago is surrounded by volcanoes and colorful native towns that can be visited by a picturesque trip by the lake, either by boat or car.
Play and Relax
At Porta Hotel del Lago recreational amenities include an outdoor pool and a jacuzzi tub. The hotel also features a restaurant and a children's club.
Plan you Meeting
The Hotel has variety of spaces ideal for any special event or business meeting. Our commitment is to tend to your special need and provide you with an incomparable service.
The lovely Porta Hotel Del Lago, located in the town of Panajachel on the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlan, is the perfect location for exploring the inspirational Guatemalan highlands.
Well equipped guest rooms, some with a living area, boast magnificent views of the lake and volcanic mountains from private balconies.
Cackchiquel Restaurant serves superb traditional Guatemalan and International dishes in a romantic setting, while local drinks are the specialty of Xocomil Bar.
Lush gardens and patios offer many places to relax. Sweat it off in the gym and sauna, or soak up the sun by the pool and snack bar.
Convention facilities accommodate social and corporate events for up to 350 people in an incomparable setting.
Children of all ages enjoy the activities set at the Porta Kids´Club.
Porta Hotel Del Lago – where a world of rest and relaxation awaits you!
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Children's club (free)
- Supervised childcare/activities (free)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Medical assistance available
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 5
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Fitness facilities
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Free parking
- Free guest parking during stay
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 439
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 3
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 4724
- Conference center
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - children's
- Tour assistance
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay
- Room Amenities
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Lake view
- Mountain view
- Garden view
- Pool view
Panajachel is a place filled with small surprises, a spectacular view, enviable weather and the tranquility and kindness of its people. Here you will be able to visit the towns around the lake, the natural reserves, walk around the lake or simply go shopping. Here you will be able to rest and relax.
On the highlands of Guatemala, in the picturesque department of Sololá, is Lake Atitlán, 147 kms. from Guatemala City. Its original name was Hotel del Lago, and it became part of the Porta Hotels chain in June of 2001. Porta Hotel Del Lago is located in Panajachel and fits perfectly next to the three majestic volcanoes, Atitlán, Tolimán and San Pedro, and colorful and picturesque towns which can be reached by boat or land.
- Golfing nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Playground on site
- Swimming on site
- Table tennis on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Hydrotherapy treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible parking
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 1 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 48 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.