Availability: Grand Hotel National
Junior SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Standard Room, City ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Standard Room, Lake ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Historic Lucerne hotel close to Lion Monument
Near Chapel Bridge
Created in the 1870s by Cesar Ritz and Auguste Escoffier, this lakeside hotel is a Lucerne landmark, 400 metres from Lion Monument and 500 metres from Chapel Bridge.
Indoor pool and spa
The hotel boasts lake-view terrace and an indoor spa where guests can take a swim in the hotel's swimming pool; guests on business can make use of the meeting room and business services.
Grand Hotel National's 41 guestrooms are decorated in lush Fin de Siecle style, with marble floors; all feature satellite television, multi-line phones, minibars, complimentary bottled water, espresso maker, and free WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Grand Hotel National Amenities
The Grand Hotel National, located on the lake, boasts an indoor spa where guests can unwind with a sauna and sunbed before going for a refreshing dip in the indoor pool. Guests on business can make use of the hotel's meeting/conference room, the 24-hour business center, and complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. There are 4 restaurants, a coffee shop, and 24-hour room service on site. A roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge) is available on request. Garage parking is available for a surcharge.
- Indoor pool
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 41
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 4
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Express check-in
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1870
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room massage available
- Climate control
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Espresso maker
Trianon - Gourmet à la carte restaurant offering seasonal French and Swiss specialities in a private atmosphere.
Padrino - Classic Italian dishes including regional specialties are served in an airy room with white walls and plants in pots. Regional Italian wines are available and guests can dine al fresco and enjoy lakeside views in the summer.
Thai Lotus - Decorated in an exotic style with palms, ferns, rich colors and a Thai temple, the restaurant offers an extensive choice of Thai cuisine, including salads, soups and curries.
1871 - International and Swiss kitchen with relaxed ambience.
National Bar - Wood paneling, deep leather armchairs and a resident pianist give the bar a gentleman's club atmosphere; the terrace overlooks the lake and the snow-capped Alps beyond.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
The Grand Hotel National's full-service spa offers an array of services, including aromatherapy treatments, body treatments, facials and massages.
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible parking
Grand Hotel National Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 2.30 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: CHF 35 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: CHF 285 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: CHF 35 per night
- Valet parking fee: CHF 35 per night
- Pet fee: CHF 30 per night
- Pet deposit: CHF 30.00 per night