Availability: Hotel Restaurant Balm Meggen
Meggen hotel with 2 restaurants
Situated in the suburbs, this hotel is close to Swiss Transportation Museum, Loewenplatz, and Chapel Bridge. Local attractions also include Lucerne Town Hall and Richard Wagner Museum.
In addition to 2 restaurants, Hotel Restaurant Balm Meggen features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and a rooftop terrace.
Flat-screen televisions come with cable channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, separate sitting areas, and safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 22 December to 6 January:
The following facilities are closed on Christmas Day (25 December), Christmas Eve (24 December), New Year's Day (1 January), and New Year's Eve (31 December):
- Dining venue
This information supersedes all other information in this property's description that relates to these amenities.
- Dining venue
Hotel Restaurant Balm Meggen Amenities
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This Meggen hotel also offers a rooftop terrace, a terrace, and tour/ticket assistance. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge).
Hotel Restaurant Balm Meggen is a smoke-free property.
- Free parking nearby
- Television in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Smoke-free property
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 18
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Picnic area
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1863
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Shopping on site
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking, Parking (limited spaces), Free parking nearby
- Room Amenities
- Separate sitting area
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary newspaper
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
A complimentary buffet breakfast is served each morning between 7:30 AM and 10:00 AM.
Bistro - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in regional cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open select days
La Pistache - Overlooking the garden, this fine-dining restaurant specializes in French cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Playground on site
- Game viewing nearby
- Sledding nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Ziplining nearby
Hotel Restaurant Balm Meggen Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Special check-in instructions:Guests are required to contact the hotel in advance if arriving outside of normal check-in hours. Contact information can be found in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 2.50 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 2 years of age.
- Self parking fee: CHF 15 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CHF 10 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: CHF 50
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Switzerland. This property is rated 3 star Superior and is displayed on this page as 3.5 stars.