Availability: The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi
Deluxe Room (Rain Forest)Max Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Luxury Room, Sea ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Langkawi rainforest resort with fringing coral reef
In the rainforest
Home to rare wildlife and flora in Northern Langkawi, this property lies within an ancient rainforest and has a 1.3 km stretch of private beach between the Mat Chincang Mountains and the Andaman Sea.
Spa, outdoor pool
This Langkawi hotel offers everything from nature and reef walks to water sports and Spa treatments. The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort includes 4 restaurants and 2 bars, plus 24-hour room service.
Accommodations at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort offer flat-screen TVs with DVD players, espresso machines, compact refrigerators, and minibars. Rooms include complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 10 September 2014 to 26 October 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- One of the dining venues
- Select guestrooms
The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi Amenities
The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort is situated on Malaysia's Langkawi Island between an ancient rainforest and Datai Bay, which boasts an 8,000-year-old coral reef; much of the property offers views of the surrounding landscape. This Langkawi property includes a full-service health spa, an outdoor pool with sun loungers, a 24-hour fitness center, and a complimentary children's club. 4 restaurants and 2 bars are on site, room service is available 24 hours a day. Business friendly amenities include 7 meeting and conference rooms, and computer station. Further amenities include luggage storage, babysitting/child care for a surcharge, and currency exchange.
- Pool sun loungers
- Children's club (free)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 178
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Computer station
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 4
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Direct access to private beach
- Outdoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Poolside bar
- Beach bar
- On private beach
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1996
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- 24-hour business center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Children's pool
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Ceiling fan
- Complimentary bottled water
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Rainfall showerhead
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Individually furnished
- LCD TV
- Iron/ironing board
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sofa bed size
The Restaurant - Located on the first level, overlooking the outdoor pool. Serving continental and Asian dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Indoor and outdoor dining available.
Japanese Restaurant - Located on level one. Dinner only. Menu includes sushi, sashimi, and tempura; a Teppanyaki counter is on site.
Jala Restaurant - This beachfront restaurant serves fusion cuisine for dinner. Guests will dine al fresco while enjoying views of the ocean.
Tepian Laut - Beachfront restaurant serving lunch, dinner, and al fresco dining.
Beach Bar - Serving lunch, drinks, and snacks. Located by the beach, with views of the bay and sea.
Jentayu Lounge - Located on the third level. Open air, with rainforest and pool views. Open late morning to late evening; live music most nights.
The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort offers guided walks through the surrounding rainforest most mornings and selected evenings (schedule varies). A freeform outdoor pool is next to the beach; it includes a waterslide and is surrounded by trees.
V Fitness Centre is open 24 hours, and tennis courts are available nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Kayaking on site
- Rowing or canoeing on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Ecotours nearby
The V Botanical Spa at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort offers massage and body and facial treatments inspired by nature and the surrounding culture. Open-air villas overlook the rainforest or the ocean.
- Hot stone massage
- Prenatal massage
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa, American Express
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: MYR 900
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: MYR 237 (from 4 to 12 years old)
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through ASEAN Green Hotel thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.