Please enter your travel dates.
Royal-Thalasso Barrière de La Baule ***** A cocoon of leisure and luxury
- 3 heated, seawater pools, including 1 indoor and an Aquaminceur® slimming water course
- Jacuzzi, saunas, hammams
- Direct access to the Thalgo Thalasso-therapy Centre
- Ftness hall
- Baby Club
Thalasso thérapy Center
Discover the Thalgo centre for sea water therapies and fitness treatments
Royal Thalasso Barriere's 91 air-conditioned guestrooms feature high-speed Internet access, pay movies, complimentary bottled water, and marble bathrooms with phones.
The smooth architecture of the Royal-Thalasso Barrière, which was built in 1896, recounts history through its woodwork, mouldings and conciergerie: a subtle mixture of British comfort and sea-side souvenirs that envelopes the hotel. During the Edwardian era, aristocrats used to come here on holiday Today, the shades of the decoration discreetly underline this heritage that adds a sense of a change of scenery to peaceful settings. A special welcome to start your wellbeing break awaits you. Your treatment programme will be set up with you.
Discover an ideal base for excursions around the region to discover the touristic heritage and exceptional nature: historical architecture, salt marshes, Brière Nature Park, castles and churches.
Discover the many activities and excursions to be enjoyed during your stay. Whatever your interests, the region has something to offer…
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Spa tub
- Spa services on site
- Full-service health spa
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 917
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Number of floors - 5
- Babysitting or childcare
- Medical assistance available
- Currency exchange
- Beauty services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Television in lobby
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Creche (nursery)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Hair salon
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Soundproofed rooms
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Complimentary bottled water
- Wake-up calls
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Sewing kit
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Satellite TV service
- Turndown service (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Le Ponton Restaurant
Seafood and grilled fish from the market
On the sand by the water facing one of the prettiest bays in Europe, the Hôtel Royal-Thalasso Barrière's beach restaurant, naturally named Le Ponton (jetty). Seafood and grilled fish from the market add true cordon bleu delights to this sea-food cuisine.
Our cuisine Brasserie
All year, from 12.30pm to 2.30pm, and from Easter, from 12.30pm to 2.30pm and 7.30pm to 10.30pm.
La Rotonde Restaurant
Enjoy tasty yet healthy cuisine
On the hotel's ground floor, La Rotonde restaurant serves creative, traditional or low-fat cuisine. The Chef's wellbeing recipes will convince you that gourment delights, made by expert hands, do not necessarily need to be bad for you!
You are free to follow your desires and compose your own menus in our restaurants.
La Rotonde, the hotel's main restaurant offers separate traditional and health-food menus. Well-balanced meals full of flavour.
Sea food or health-food specialties. Creative, traditional or low-fat cuisine
Lunch and dinner every day.
Bars (In the hotel)
The Marie-Louise Bar
Ideal for a relaxing moment overlooking the garden and the sea
Please check the Rooms and Rates page to see which rates include breakfast.
During stays at one of the Hôtels Barrière in La Baule, guests benefit from free access to certain sports and leisure activities, and special offers from our partners for tennis, water sports or spa treatments at reduced rates.
Tennis, Golf, Thalasso, Shopping...enjoy all your advantages
During your stay you benefit from many advantages and offers in other Barrière properties and also with our partners :
- put all your expenses at the Barrière Resort on your hotel bill,
- enjoy free access to a wide range of sports and recreation activities,
- take advantage of reductions, both with us and with our partners.
> Your privileges :
- 1 hour of tennis offered per day and per room from 12pm to 5pm.
- One ½-hour "Introductory Golf" session from 12pm to 12.30pm or entry to the driving range offered per person during the stay.
- 1 group treatment offered per person during the stay, on reservation (aquaminceur, Thalgotonic and aquagym sessions).
- 1 free hour of board with veil or catamaran per person. - 1 entry to the L'Indiana night club. - Bicycles available from the hotel.
> Your advantages :
- preferential Tennis rates: 20% discount on court hire outside free hours (12pm to 5pm) and 10% discount on lessons.
- preferential Golf rates = 20% discount on green fees all year and 10% discount on adult and children's lessons (minimum 3 days).
- preferential rates at the Thalassotherapy centre = 10% discount on à la carte marine cures and at the Thalgo shop.
- preferential rates on the hire of water sports equipment = 10% discount in trainings.
Leisure & Activities (In the hotel)
To get back into shape, or simply rest, you have come to the right address!
Perfectionned equipment, professional staff, quality services in chic settings, the Health Club Royal-Thalasso Barrière pulls out all the stops to welcome you:
-indoor, heated, seawater pool
- outdoor Jacuzzi
- fitness hall
Enjoy the outdoor heated seawater pool and admire the wooded grounds surrounding you… and relax.
Bicycles… Available free of charge to discover La Baule and the region!
All the benefits of the seaside and the sea's invigorating water are the Thalgo Centre's raison d'être.For wellbeing and getting back into shape.
Leisure & Activities (In the area)
Catamaran, Hobbie Cat, wind surfing, sea scooter.
Rides along the beach, around the forest, discovering the horse paths.. The riding centre at La Baule offers initiations and improvement lessons for more experienced riders.
The Casino Barrière de La Baule is only 20m from the hotel and offers 200 slot machines, tables games, a night club and entertainment.
The thrills and excitement of gaming!
- 200 roller and video-poker slot machines
- English Roulette
- Black Jack
- Stud Poker
- Texas Hold'em Poker
- the B'Lounge Bar
- the 24 Esplanade restaurant
- the Indiana night club
- free entry to the Indiana night club.
Access to the casino gaming area is for adults and non-prohibited players only and subject to presentation of valid ID.
La Baule and the region
The hotel is the ideal starting point for stays focused on excursions around the region to visit tourist culture and exceptional nature: historic architecture, salt marshes and the medieval town of Guérande, Brière Nature Park, chateaux and religious
Historical architecture, salt marshes, Brière Nature Park, castles and religious buildings... take advantage of your stay to venture out on excursions and discover all the local delights:
Golf International Barrière La Baule
Discover a unique site in Europe, just on the edges of Brière Nature Park. (3 courses - 45 holes)
Discreetly hidden behind the Hermitage Barrière at La Baule, the Tennis Country Club is one of the most beautiful French tennis clubs. It boasts 29 courts (24 clay & 6 indoor) for sport-focused stays all season.
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Swimming on site
- Nutrition consultation in spa
- Spa boutique
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
Parking height restrictions apply
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.50 per person, per night
- Tourism fee: EUR 1.5 per person, per night
- Breakfast fee: EUR 31 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 10 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: EUR 15 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 20 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 26 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 60 per night
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
This hotel has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.