Book your room at Gainsborough Hotel
Boutique London Inn near Natural History Museum
This country house style Inn, set in the Kensington area of London, is 200 meters from the Natural History Museum and 400 meters from the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Guests can ask multilingual staff at the front desk for information about tours around London; a large breakfast room and a warm bar are also available for use.
Gainsborough Hotel's 48 individually-styled, smoke-free guestrooms combine a Victorian decor with modern amenities such as wireless Internet access and satellite TV.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
At your hotel
Breakfast is available for a surcharge in Gainsborough Hotel's large, bright breakfast room with wood-panelled features and long, heavy drapes. Guests can ask multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk for information about London tours. The Picasso Bar serves drinks in rich, warm surroundings. Guests arriving by car will find public parking facilities 300 meters from the Inn.
- Total number of rooms - 48
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Airport transportation
- Babysitting or childcare
- Laundry facilities
- Smoke-free property
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( 5 GBP /60 minutes surcharge ) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - ( 5 GBP /60 minutes surcharge ) , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
In your room
- Private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Eat and drink
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Khan's of Kensington
The fine print for Gainsborough Hotel
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 1 PM
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: Carte Blanche, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club, American Express
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 12.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 5 (for 60 minutes, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 5 (for 60 minutes, rates may vary)
- Deposit: GBP 20 per night
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.