Availability: Hotel Russell
Standard Double Room, 1 Double BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Superior Double Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Executive Double Room, 1 Double BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Superior TwinMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Standard Single Room, 1 Single BedMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Standard TwinMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Victorian splendor in London's Bloomsbury
Near British Museum
This imposing Victorian London hotel overlooks the park of Russell Square in the center of Bloomsbury; it is three blocks from the British Museum, and a half-mile from Covent Garden, West End theaters and shopping.
The 1898 hotel keeps many of its original features, such as marble columns and huge chandeliers; amenities include a business center and a clubby bar. The hotel completed refurbishment in 2012.
The Russell Hotel's 373 guestrooms come in various styles, but all have satellite TVs with pay movies, wireless Internet access, voice mail, windows that open, and hair dryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Russell Amenities
The Russell Hotel's Victorian interior retains many of its original features, including Sicilian marble columns, high vaulted ceilings, huge chandeliers, oak paneling and the grand marble staircase. Modern conference facilities include a full-service business center and the conference rooms, which feature retractable ceiling mounted projectors. The two ballrooms both have 450 capacity theatre-style, one is the traditional and the other is in the contemporary style.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Business center
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 8
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 371
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1898
- Smoke-free property
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Satellite TV service
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Tempus Bar & Restaurant at the Hotel Russell opened in summer 2011, offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks in a contemporary environment. With wide open spaces and elegant American Walnut flooring, Tempus offers fresh appeal in the heart of London.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Hotel Russell Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 20.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 15 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 30 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30 per night
- Additional Details
Children 9 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.