Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only
Standard Double Room, 1 King Bed, Park View - Room Only
Standard Apartment, 1 King Bed with Sofabed - One Bed Room. Room Only
Superior Double or Twin Room - Room Only
Privately-owned London hotel opposite Green Park
By the Royal Parks
Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres.
For eating and drinking, there’s afternoon tea (voted “Best in London 2012”), an "AA"-rated Rosetted restaurant, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies. For a little “me-time”, our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room.
Televisions in rooms
The 164 luxurious accommodations include 134 en-suite guestrooms, many with views over Green Park; 12 elegant suites with generous open-plan layouts or separate sitting rooms; 18 spacious apartments with separate sitting rooms and dining areas, and a stunning rooftop suite which provides the idyllic place to entertain and unwind in seclusion. All lodgings include complimentary wireless Internet access, plus complimentary snacks and soft drinks from the minibar.
The Athenaeum has 3 conference/function rooms, the largest of which seats up to 55 people and can be divided to make 2 smaller rooms. All the meeting rooms are equipped with full conference facilities including video conferencing. They can also be prepared for cocktail receptions, private dining, or weddings. The dedicated business center offers private access to office facilities for all guests. An airport shuttle service can be arranged on request, and limited onsite secure parking is available (charges apply).
The Athenaeum Spa, located in the basement, can be reached directly from all guestrooms by a dedicated lift. The Spa offers manicures and pedicures, spa tub, body scrubs, body treatments, body wraps, massages, beauty services and couples treatment rooms. Simple treatments can also be carried out in the guestrooms on request. The modern gym is open 24 hours and guests can relax in the steam rooms. For those who prefer the fresh air, staff can provide detailed maps of all the jogging routes through the nearby Royal Parks.
With a one-of-a-kind kids' concierge service, this family-friendly hotel has special rooms designed for families and wee ones.
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Children's club
- Spa services on site
- Full-service health spa
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Total number of rooms - 164
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Currency exchange
- Medical assistance available
- Beauty services
- Babysitting or childcare
- Translation services
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Express check-in
- Tour assistance
- Number of floors - 10
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 162
- Smoke-free property
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Technology support staff
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 3
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1740
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Secure parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Remote lighting/drapery/curtain control
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Sewing kit
- Cable TV service
- Electronic check-out
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- Daily housekeeping
- Plasma TV
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- City view
- Espresso maker
The Restaurant - An eclectic menu with quintessential British dishes, featuring plenty of fish, seafood, and vegetarian options, all prepared with organic vegetables.
Whisky Bar - This bar offers an extensive collection of whiskies – a selection of over 270. A wide variety of cigars is also available, as are cocktails, soft drinks, and snacks. Guests mingle at the bar or relax on the large leather sofas. Open all day until late evening.
The Garden Room - Serves award-winning afternoon teas and light lunches.
The hotel is across the street from Green Park which is crisscrossed with walking and jogging paths. The adjoining Hyde Park has horseriding stables and is popular with rollerskaters. The Serpentine Lake, also in Hyde Park, is a beautiful place to go boating.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club Diners Club, Discover, JCB International JCB International, MasterCard MasterCard, Visa Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to families
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 27.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 85.00
- Valet parking fee: GBP 38 per day
- Pet deposit: GBP 1000 per stay
- Babysitting/childcare fee: GBP 18.00 per day, per child
- Deposit: GBP 100.00 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Shopping Discounts and VIP Experiences Promotion
Book a stay in any room type or rate category now - March 14, 2014, for travel January 2-March 14, 2014, and receive the following opportunities:
- 10% off shopping at The Burlington Arcade
- 10-50% off shopping at Covent Garden
- Personal hat consultation with Fortnum & Mason’s in-house milliner
- Attendance at a talk regarding 3 centuries of Fortnum & Mason’s past by Fortnum’s archivist. Includes tea or coffee and a copy of the book Fortnum & Mason – the First Three Hundred Years (available Tuesdays and Thursdays only)
- A 45-minute fragrance profile at Penhaligon’s with an expert consultant to match your personality to a fragrance. Available for up to 6 guests