Book your room at Sheraton Universal Hotel
Room, LanaiMax Occupancy: 4 adults
Club RoomMax Occupancy: 4 adults
SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 adults
LA-area hotel with pool, tram to Universal Studios
Located on the grounds of Universal Studios Hollywood and 9 miles from downtown Los Angeles The Redline Metro stop is less than 10 minutes from the hotel and links guests to Hollywood and other must see destinations.
Sheraton Universal Hotel offers a large fitness center, an outdoor pool with spa tub, a casual restaurant, and complimentary guest tram service to Universal Studios Hollywood.
Sweet Sleeper Beds
Sheraton Universal's 451 guestrooms have city views, premium cable channels, high-speed Internet access, and Sheraton's signature Sweet Sleeper Beds with triple sheeting and down pillows.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 21 October 2013 to 23 May 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours on weekdays. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Located nine miles from downtown Los Angeles, Sheraton Universal Hotel is one block from a Metro Red Line train station and offers complimentary tram rides to nearby Universal Studios Hollywood Tour and the Universal City Walk.
Amenities at this Los Angeles-area Sheraton include business services and the complimentary Starwood Link Internet center. Wireless Internet access is available in areas of the hotel, including poolside (surcharge). Surrounded by a tropical garden, the large outdoor pool area includes a spa tub. The hotel also has 14 meeting rooms with computer station and wedding and banquet facilities.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Poolside bar
- Spa tub
- Concierge desk
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (limited hours)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking garage
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 451
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Tour assistance
- Currency exchange
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Television in lobby
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 20
- Business services
- Wedding services
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Luggage storage
- Meeting facilities size (feet) -
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 14
- Smoke-free property
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- In the room
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforter
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Eat and drink
California's Restaurant - This restaurant serves contemporary cuisine prepared from organic and seasonal ingredients, in a relaxed setting. Hours are subject to change.
Baja Beach Club Poolside Lounge - Seasonal poolside bar serving light snacks, buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Children's menu available.
In the Mix Lounge - This lobby lounge offers 58 different vodkas for happy hour, from Monday to Friday, as well as wines rated 90+ by Wine Spectator, for Sheraton Social Hour, on Tuesday and Thursday.
The hotel has an outdoor pool with spa tub, and a large fitness center with a full range of cardiovascular exercise machines.
The hotel also offers discounted day passes to several nearby fitness facilities, including LA Fitness, which is 3 miles away. Griffith Park is 6 miles from the hotel and offers golf, hiking, an outdoor pool, playground, zoo, bicycle rentals, and soccer fields.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for Sheraton Universal Hotel
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- Your pets
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 24 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per day (in/out privileges)
- We Should Mention
The Sheraton Universal Hotel is a smoke-free property.