Book your room at Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort
Ocean view king roomMax Occupancy: 3 adults
Ocean view double roomMax Occupancy: 4 adults
Suite, 1 King Bed, Ocean ViewMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Bungalow Suite, 1 King Bed, Ocean ViewMax Occupancy: 4 adults
Three bedroom resort view casitaMax Occupancy: 9 adults
Three bedroom ocean view casitaMax Occupancy: 9 adults
Bungalow, 2 Bedrooms, Ocean ViewMax Occupancy: 4 adults
Rancho Palos Verdes resort with oceanfront golf course
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Located on California's secluded Palos Verdes peninsula, this Mediterranean-style resort, next to the Pacific Ocean and whale watching, is just 20-miles south of Los Angeles International Airport.
The Links at Terranea
Resort amenities include an oceanfront golf course, 3 pools, 8 unique dining experiences, nature trails, and a 50,000-square-foot spa, salon, and fitness center.
Guestrooms feature down bedding, deep soaking tubs and high-definition LCD TVs, with garden, ocean or partial ocean views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort
- The Overview
Spanning 102 acres overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Terranea Resort features a 9-hole golf course, 8 dining venues, and a full-service spa. A children's club, 3 swimming pools, and walking trails are recreational amenities available, while 33 meeting/conference rooms provide flexible options for event planning. Additional resort amenities include a concierge desk, gift shops, and laundry facilities.
Pets and service animals are welcome (certain restrictions and fees apply).
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 33
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Beauty services
- Security guard
- Spa services on site
- Exhibit space
- Fireplace in lobby
- Parking (surcharge)
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Pool cabanas (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 582
- Babysitting or childcare
- Golf course on site
- Number of floors - 7
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Designated smoking areas
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Children's club
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Room service
- Rooftop terrace
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2009
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 25
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - children's
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- The Room
- Complimentary toiletries
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Digital TV service
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe
- The Eats
Nelson’s – With a view of the Point Vicente Lighthouse and Catalina Island, this Southern California restaurant is one of the most scenic locations in Palos Verdes. Chef Andrew Vaughan offers California comfort cuisine paired with an extensive microbrew beer list, signature cocktails and spectacular sunsets. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
mar’sel – Enjoy inventive twists on California farm-to-table cuisine from Chef Rebecca Merhej. With a focus on local and seasonal ingredients, elegant dinners, relaxed late-night bites or chic weekend brunches are made to perfection. Sip an artisan cocktail, distinctive wine or local microbrew while overlooking stunning views. Open for daily dinners and weekend brunches.
bashi – Celebrate different cultures in a lively setting with a lunch or dinner menu filled with contemporary blends of Asian flavors from acclaimed Chef Bruce Nguyen. Sit back and sip artisanal concoctions, sample from an extensive sake list, and enjoy soju and an unrivaled selection of Asian beers. Open daily for lunch and dinner.
Catalina Kitchen – There’s a culinary adventure waiting for you at Catalina Kitchen. Explore southern California cuisine with Chef David Tarrin as he puts his own spin on California market/Mediterranean cuisine with elements of Spanish, French Riviera, Greek and Southern Italian flavors. Grab a table with your family, friends or colleagues and indulge in a must-have breakfast, market-style lunch or exquisite dinner. Don’t forget to try the specialty pizzas, the Friday Seafood Buffet or the extraordinary Sunday Brunch. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
sea beans – Settle under the shade of a coral tree with a caramel latte or a freshly baked chocolate croissant at Terranea's gourmet café. Superb quality coffee, espresso drinks, organic teas, smoothies, pressed sandwiches, wraps, ice cream and specialty desserts by Master Pastry Chef Perry are available throughout the day. Open daily for breakfast and lunch.
Lobby Bar – The Lobby Bar is the perfect place to enjoy hand-crafted, classic cocktails with a modern twist, unique spirits, and California wines by the glass, microbrews and international beer varieties. A bar bites menu is offered nightly, and musical performances are featured every Friday and Saturday evening. Open afternoon weekends and evenings daily.
Spa Café – This tranquil and serene restaurant setting invites you to relax and enjoy our spa-inspired cuisine featuring salads, sandwiches, fresh juices and smoothies. Stop and relax at the Spa Café after your treatment or workout and enjoy Spa Café service by the pool, by the fire pit or in a cabana. Open daily for breakfast and lunch.
Cielo Point – This full-service bar with quintessential poolside fare serves guests at the Cielo Point adult pool in style. Take in the views of the Palos Verdes resort and Catalina Island while you enjoy your meal or drink in a relaxing Cielo Point beach chair or cabana. Open seasonally for lunch and afternoon cocktails.
- Out and About
The Terranea Resort offers guests a host of recreational activities for an enjoyable stay in Palos Verdes. Golf on-site at The Links at Terranea, a dramatic 9-hole, par 3 oceanfront golf course, with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. A choice of 3 outdoor swimming pools includes a waterslide and children’s pool. Boat cruises and whale-watching tours are also available nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Boating nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Tennis lessons available nearby
- Swimming on site
- Boat cruises nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Dock nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Ecotours on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Kayaking on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Running track/path on site
- Mind and Body
The Spa at Terranea overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Palos Verdes coastline. This 50,000-square-foot (15,240-square-meter) oceanfront spa, fitness and wellness center and salon was designed by the foremost experts in wellness and restorative therapy. Indulge in an array of spa treatments for body and face, both traditional and some inspired by the Terranea Resort’s unique coastal locale. The spa includes a café, boutique and also offers yoga classes.
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Number of treatment rooms 25
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The Fine Print for Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- Pack your pet
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Maximum number of pets per room 1
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- .075 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Resort fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- In-room coffee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150 per room, per stay (maximum USD 150 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- We Should Mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.