Please enter your travel dates.
Inside Two Twins Cabin
- Two Twin Beds
Inside King Cabin
- One King Bed
Deluxe Two Twins
- Two Twin Beds
Deluxe Room (King Cabin)
- One King Bed
Legendary ocean-liner accommodations near Long Beach
Queen Mary on the bay
The Queen Mary, once an ocean liner and now a hotel permanently docked in Long Beach Harbor, features a calendar of events that includes car shows, music festivals, and Halloween haunts each year.
Amenities of Queen Mary Hotel include 3 restaurants, a shopping arcade, and the promenade deck Observation Bar, where cocktail-sipping guests enjoy panoramic Pacific Ocean and Long Beach views.
Art Deco elegance
Furnished with 1930s-style art and decor, Queen Mary Hotel's 314 guestrooms conjure up images of the ship's sailing days. Portholes open to let the sea air in and armoires latch shut.
Moored on Long Beach Harbor, 25 miles from Downtown Los Angeles, this Long Beach hotel has 3 harbor-view restaurants. In addition to a wedding chapel and a 3-level, 45,000-square-foot exhibition hall, Queen Mary Hotel has 14 salons that total 80,000 square feet of reception space, and can accommodate groups of up to 2,000. On Sundays, the Grand Salon hosts an extravagant champagne brunch. Cabaret, comedy, and live-music shows are presented in the ship's salons throughout the week. Original 1930s artwork and photography line salon and restaurant walls.
The Queen Mary Spa offers massages, facials, reflexology, and chiropractic treatments by appointment (surcharge; closed Mondays). The Main Deck fitness room is equipped with cardio and weight machines, and a bathroom with shower. Historic guided tours are available (surcharge) and a self-guided walk through the engine room, isolation ward, wheelhouse, and captain's quarters is complimentary for hotel guests. Maps are available at the front desk or passenger information desk.
The promenade deck's Main Hall is filled with shops that sell memorabilia, artwork, snacks, and souvenirs. The ship has mailboxes and two ATMs. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, restaurant, and lounge (surcharge). The property offers on-site conference and event space, which include high-speed wired Internet access points (surcharges apply). The hotel also has a business center in the lobby.
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Spa services on site
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in
- Beauty services
- Tour assistance
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 3
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Wedding services
- Number of coffee shops/cafes - 3
- Full-service health spa
- Designated smoking areas
- Luggage storage
- Rooftop terrace
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 314
- Hair salon
- Arcade/game room
- Health club
- Snack bar/deli
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Year Built 1936
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Multi-line phone
- Voice mail
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Individually decorated
- Daily housekeeping
- Window opens
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- iPod docking station
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Pillowtop mattress
A champagne buffet brunch is served Sundays in the Grand Salon, which was once the ship's first-class dining room. Food stations serve salads, omelets, seafood, beef, and desserts; dress is business-casual.
Sir Winston's - Continental and California cuisine are served in semi-formal dining room with panoramic coastal views. Dinner daily. Menu highlights include rack of lamb, roast duck, prime rib carved tableside, and Maine lobster. Extensive wine list.
Chelsea Chowder House & Bar - seafood restaurant with a classic New England chowder house atmosphere. Restaurant serves only sustainable seafood from around the world. Menu features a variety of appetizers including oysters on the half shell or fried calamari. Main course choices include seafood kettles and a brewed food menu featuring Guinness braised beef short ribs, bass ale-battered black cod fillet, and more. Every table has ocean and city views.
Observation Bar - Cocktails, cheese and crackers, coastal views and occasional live entertainment are offered in the former first-class lounge. Open daily until late evening.
The Promenade Café - This casual restaurant serves salads, sandwiches, pastas, and Angus beef. Harbor views. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Room service is available from early morning until late evening.
The hotel offers daily guided tours of the Queen Mary ship. Tours cover the ship's World War II service, art deco design, and paranormal sightings.
The modest fitness room on the main deck is equipped with treadmills, stationary bikes, weight machines, and a large bathroom with a shower and towels. The spa offers massages, facials, reflexology, and chiropractic body work by appointment (surcharge; closed Mondays). (The ship's two swimming pools are no longer in use.)
A few yards from the ship's entrance, the Queen Mary Events Park offers paved paths around a large grassy area. To enjoy these paths and nearby areas, bicycle rentals are available on-site. The hotel offers a 3-speed cruiser bike, a tandem bike, a single Surrey (3 adults and 2 small children) or a double Surrey (6 adults and 2 small children).
Activities offered within a mile of the hotel include boating, fishing, whale watching, jogging, tennis, and swimming. Nearby public golf courses are Recreation Park Golf Club (6 miles), Bixby Village Golf Course (7 miles), Skylinks Golf (10 miles), and El Dorado Golf and Nature Center (13 miles). The Pike at Rainbow Harbor, easily accessible by water taxi, offers bowling, video games, a turn-of-the-century carousel, and movie theaters.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Dock nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Bowling alley nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
The on-site Queen Mary Spa offers guests a variety of popular Long Beach spa packages including the Queen's Royal Secret, Queen for a Day, and the Queen's Royal Day of Beauty.
The day spa is located on the main deck, mid ship, and offers a range of services and treatments, including aromatherapy, facials, skin care, massage, manicures, pedicures, as well as special occasion hair and make-up.
Open Sunday through Saturday; closed on Monday. Advanced reservations are required for treatments.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible parking
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in kg is 11.34, Pet maximum weight in lb is 25
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Resort fee charged at hotel/condo
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- Resort fee: USD 9.95 per accommodation, per night (effective 1 May 2013)
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fitness center access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Phone calls (may be limited)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 3.00 (for 15 minutes, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 17.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 20.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per room, per stay (maximum USD 150 per stay)
- Late check-out fee: USD 40
- Deposit: USD 50 per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 15.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.