Availability: The Brown Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Room, 1 Queen Bed
Deluxe Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Luxury Room, 1 King Bed
Club Room, 1 Queen Bed
- FREE Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay.
Historic, elegant hotel in downtown Louisville
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
This hotel is located in the Theater district, half-block from the Palace Theatre, adjacent to the Brown Theatre, two blocks from Fourth Street Live, and a few blocks from the KFC Yum! Center.
Old meets new
Although the décor favors a Southern antique style, the hotel also offers modern conveniences such as complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel.
Premium bedding--including European goose down duvets, feathers beds, and 310-thread count sheets--is standard in every unique and spacious guestroom.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Brown Hotel Amenities
This smoke-free hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet access in all common areas, 33,420 square feet of meeting space, and guestrooms. A 24-hour business center with three computer workstations is also available.
On-site fine dining is offered at the renowned English Grill. Complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service is available, as well as shuttle service to locations within a one-mile radius of the hotel. Guests can also take advantage of a fitness area with stair machine, and free weights.
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Total number of rooms - 293
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 16
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Luggage storage
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 3105
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 33420
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 17
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
English Grill - With a reputation for fine Continental cuisine, the English Grill attracts hotel guests and discerning locals. Open for dinner Monday-Saturday. Dark wood furnishings, crisp white tablecloths. Reservations suggested.
J. Graham's Cafe - Casual restaurant open for breakfast and lunch, with a lunch buffet Tuesday-Friday. Serves gourmet salads, light main courses, and its signature sandwich, the “Hot Brown.” Also provides the hotel's 24-hour room service menu.
Lobby Bar - Serving cocktails and light fare from mid-afternoon until evening. Live piano music on Friday and Saturday evenings.
The hotel has a fitness center with a treadmill and free weights.
Guests receive discount admission to the nearby YMCA, located three blocks away, which offers fitness classes, racquetball courts, and swimming pool. Nearby Central Park, located one mile away, includes a playground, tennis courts, and volleyball courts. Cherokee Park, three miles away, includes a nine-hole golf course, hiking trails, bird sanctuary, and fishing pond.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Brown Hotel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 24 per night (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 50
- Refrigerator fee: USD 5 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Brown Hotel is listed in the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.