Availability: Veligandu Island Resort
Please enter your travel dates.
Beachfront resort with relaxing spa services
This Veligandu Island resort is by the ocean, nestled on a private white sand beach and within easy reach of area attractions such as North Channel Dive Site, Beyru Kandu Dive Site, and Miyaru Faru Dive Site. Local attractions also include Big Blue Dive Site and Madivaru Corner Dive Site.
At Veligandu Island Resort, relax by an outdoor pool or hit the private white sand beach where you can enjoy snorkeling.
Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, sofa beds, and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Veligandu Island Resort Amenities
- All-Inclusive Details
Guests can book rooms at Veligandu Island Resort for a rate that is either for the room only or for all-inclusive. All-inclusive rates are higher because they include onsite food and beverages in the room rate (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included. Additional gratuities at guests' discretion are accepted.
Food and beverages
- All buffet meals, snacks, and local beverages included
- In-room minibar (some restrictions)
Activities and facilities/equipment
- Fitness facilities
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Room service
- Scuba-diving certification
- Scuba-diving excursions
- Scuba-diving lessons
- Snorkeling gear
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Activities and services offered by independent operators
- Transportation to offsite activities
Veligandu Island Resort offers both all-inclusive room rates and room-only rates. All-inclusive rates include onsite meals and beverages, and may include taxes and gratuities. Additional charges may apply for meals at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, certain beverages, and other amenities.
Step outside to unwind on the white sand beach. Summer fun is a breeze at Veligandu Island Resort with activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, and windsurfing.
The resort offers a coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's bars, which include a beach bar and a bar/lounge. An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This all-inclusive resort also offers an outdoor pool, a children's pool, and a fitness center. A total renovation of this property was completed in February 2014.
- Internet point
- Beauty services
- Wedding services
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Multilingual staff
- Arcade/game room
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audiovisual equipment
- Shopping on site
- Business services
- On private beach
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Total number of rooms - 91
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Security guard
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Currency exchange
- Medical assistance available
- Laundry facilities
- Pool table
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Computer station
- Beach bar
- Private beach - direct access
- Pool cabanas (complimentary)
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Spa services on site
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Tour assistance
Available in all rooms: Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- DVD player
- Espresso maker
- Rainfall showerhead
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Individually furnished
- Sofa bed size
Dhonveli Restaurant - This beachfront buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Madivaru Restaurant - This beachfront restaurant serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required.
Thundi Bar - This bar is located on the beach. Happy hour and afternoon tea are offered. Open 24 hours.
Athiri Bar - This beachfront bar serves light fare only. Afternoon tea is offered.
In-room dining choices include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light snacks, available from room service (during limited hours).
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a private beach and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Beach volleyball on site
- Beach badminton on site
- Kayaking on site
- Sailing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Sports center on site
- Swimming on site
- Table tennis on site
- Volleyball on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Thai massage
- Detoxification wrap
Veligandu Island Resort Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests must arrange transfers (surcharge) from Male International Airport to the property, which is 20 minutes away via seaplane. To guarantee transfers, guests must contact the property with their flight details at least 72 hours before their expected arrival. Please contact the hotel office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Daily transfer service is offered by Maldivian Air Taxi between 9 AM and 3 PM. Guests arriving or departing outside of these hours are advised to book a local hotel room in Male or Hulhumale.
Luggage in excess of 20 kg/person may incur a fee, payable to the seaplane company during flight check-in. Guests must pay the seaplane fee at checkout.
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 120
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 60 (from 2 to 14 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 120
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 60 (from 2 to 14 years old)
- Floatplane transfer per adult: USD 300 (roundtrip)
- Transfer service fee per child: USD 150 (roundtrip), (from 2 to 11 years old)
- Additional Details
Guests must transfer via floatplane to the property. Guests must contact the property at least 72 hours before travel, using the contact information on the confirmation received after booking. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in Travellife Gold, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.