Availability: Cavallo Point
Standard Room, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Standard Room, 1 King Bed (Historic)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child)
Standard Room, 1 King Bed (Contemporary)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child)
Suite, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 2 children)
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed (Contemporary)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Standard Room, 1 King Bed (Bridge View)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child)
Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Suite, 2 BedroomsMax Occupancy: 7 guests (up to 3 children)
Suite, 1 King Bed, View (Contemporary, Bridge View)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child)
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds (Contemporary)Max Occupancy: 6 guests (up to 2 children)
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds, View (Contemporary)Max Occupancy: 6 guests (up to 2 children)
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, View (Contemporary, Golden Gate View)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child)
Deluxe Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Spectacular, up-close views of Golden Gate Bridge
Beauty by the bay
An idyllic getaway just minutes from downtown San Francisco, this lodge-style resort was built on the grounds of historic Fort Baker, bordering Sausalito. The Golden Gate Bridge is immediately south.
Nature and nurture
Guests can take a guided hike beneath the bridge, explore the rolling hills high above the bay, take a cooking class, indulge in a spa treatment, and dine at Cavallo Point's Michelin-starred restaurant.
Rooms with a view
The hotel offers historic lodgings in former officers' residences and contemporary rooms on a hillside above the fort. All are smoke-free and include LCD TVs, iPod plug-ins, organic linens, and turndown service.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Cavallo Point Amenities
Built on the grounds of historic Fort Baker, Cavallo Point commands spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge, immediately south. More than 75,000 acres of National Park surround the lodge. Guests can also reach downtown via passenger ferry, which departs from nearby Sausalito, or use the hotel's complimentary shuttle service to downtown San Francisco and Sausalito.
Resort activities include guided hikes, complimentary morning yoga classes, and an acclaimed cooking series with classes and tastings. The Healing Arts Center & Spa offers holistic treatments, wellness programs, a Tea Bar, and an outdoor meditation pool beneath the pines. Additional spa features include massages, body scrubs, mud baths, and nutrition consultation in spa, as well as 11 treatment rooms. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult; guests under 16 are not allowed in the spa.
Business travelers can take advantage of the property's 7 conference rooms, which offer 2,050 square feet of meeting space. Wedding services are also available. The Michelin-star Murray Circle Restaurant features fresh local ingredients, seasonal outdoor dining, and marvelous views of the Golden Gate Bridge. A complimentary reception of light refreshments is served in the early evenings.
Cavallo Point is also home to the Institute at the Golden Gate, advancing environmental preservation and global sustainability. The Bay Area Discovery Museum, one of the top children's museums in the region, is adjacent to the resort.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free valet parking
- Conference space size (meters) - 185
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Complimentary reception
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Conference space size (feet) - 2050
- Wedding services
- Room service (limited hours)
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Total number of rooms - 142
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Free valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Separate sitting area
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cable TV service
- Complimentary bottled water
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
Murray Circle Restaurant - Award-winning restaurant serving Bay Area cuisine created with fresh local ingredients. View of Golden Gate Bridge. Dining room with restored tin ceiling, fine-art photography, fireplaces. Outdoor seating on the building's original porch, facing the city and bridge. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily (surcharge applies).
Farley Bar - Named after popular San Francisco comic-strip character. Cocktails, wines, small-plate menu. Fireplaces, leather club chairs. Bar crafted from a fallen tree. Open daily, late morning till late night.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Cavallo Point features a full-service, on-site spa, Healing Arts Center Spa.
Services at this spa include body, aromatherapy, body scrubs, massages, mud baths in spa, and facial treatments, as well as body wraps and nutritional consultation in spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Mud bath in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Cavallo Point Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Maximum number of pets per room 2
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- A 14 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Resort fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per night
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Spa access (may be limited)
- Spa tub access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access (may be limited)
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- Concierge/valet service
- Self parking
- Valet parking
- Housekeeping/cleaning fees/gratuities
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9 and USD 17 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per stay
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in LEED Gold, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.