Please enter your travel dates.
Room (Petite Queen)
- One Queen Bed
- One Queen Bed
Studio Apartment - King or Twin
- One King Bed
Studio Apartment - With Sofa Bed
- One King and One Sofa Bed
4-star family-friendly Melbourne hotel near Melbourne Aquarium
Located in the heart of Melbourne, this family-friendly hotel is within walking distance of Rialto Towers and Melbourne Aquarium. Also nearby are Royal Arcade and Block Arcade.
In addition to a restaurant, Alto Hotel on Bourke features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.
Flat-screen televisions include premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature beds with pillowtop mattresses, complimentary wireless Internet access, and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center and limo/town car service.
An Internet point is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This Beaux Arts hotel also offers a library, tour/ticket assistance, and concierge services. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge). Parking is also available nearby (surcharge).
Alto Hotel on Bourke is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 50
- Number of floors - 5
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Internet point
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Medical assistance available
- Secure parking
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Snack bar/deli
- Year Built 2006
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Tour assistance
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Voice mail
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom scale
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Rainfall showerhead
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- iPod docking station
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free movie channels
- Pillowtop mattress
Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 9:30 AM.
A Lounge Bar - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves dinner, appetizers, and drinks. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Closed Sunday and Saturday.
Dinner is available from room service.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Early departure fee charged
Caters to singles
Caters to couples
Caters to seniors
Caters to families
No rollaway/extra beds available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 19 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: AUD 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Self parking fee for large vehicle: AUD 40 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: AUD 50 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 30 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in EarthCheck Silver Certified, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Hotel property is rated 4 stars.