Availability: Mercure Welcome Melbourne
Standard Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Standard Queen RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Superior King RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Superior Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child)
Family-friendly hotel in Melbourne (Chinatown) near Federation Square
Located in the heart of Melbourne, this family-friendly hotel is within walking distance of Bourke Street Mall, QV Centre, and Royal Arcade. Also nearby are Melbourne City Baths and Melbourne Central.
In addition to 3 restaurants, Mercure Welcome Melbourne features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café and a conference center.
Televisions come with cable channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Mercure Welcome Melbourne Amenities
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. The property also has a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of limo/town car service and small meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities measuring 8578 square feet (797 square meters) include a conference center and conference/meeting rooms. This family-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and laundry facilities. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Mercure Welcome Melbourne has designated areas for smoking.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 330
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 10
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Express check-in
- Designated smoking areas
- Computer station
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 797
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 8578
- Number of meeting rooms - 12
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( $10.00 AUD /24 hours surcharge ) , Wired high-speed Internet access ( $10.00 AUD /24 hours surcharge )
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - ( $10.00 AUD /24 hours surcharge )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Coffee/tea maker
- Pay movies
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room massage available
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
The Louden Kitchen Grill - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Cocoon Bar - This Cocktail bar specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast, dinner, and light fare. Happy hour is offered.
Soul Cafe - This café serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and brunch. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Mercure Welcome Melbourne Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 10 and AUD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 15 per night
- Valet parking fee: AUD 35 per night
- Additional Details
Children 15 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
This property does not have an official STAR Rating from AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.