Availability: The Langham, Melbourne
Please enter your travel dates.
Grand Classic King Room - INT25
Grand Classic Twin Room
- 2 double
Grand Room - River View
Grand Classic King Room
- FREE Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay.
Unapologetically plush hotel on Southbank
Shaped like an open book facing the Yarra River from its Southbank side, this 24-story hotel is located in the Southgate shopping/business complex, 500 meters from Federation Square, Victorian Arts Centre, and Crown Entertainment Complex.
Pool and spa with views of Melbourne's city skyline
Opening out to a large sundeck overlooking the Yarra River and city skyline, the hotel's indoor pool is complemented by a health club and a spa center on the 9th floor.
LCD TVs and views
All 388 guestrooms feature marble bathrooms and views of the city, river, or bay area. Wireless Internet access and 42-inch LCD TVs are provided.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Langham, Melbourne Amenities
Shaped like an open book facing the Yarra River on the trendy Southbank, the Langham maximizes its position by offering river and city skyline views from a 9th-floor health club, indoor heated pool, and large outdoor sundeck. The Langham's signature Chuan Spa, also on the 9th floor, offers steam rooms, saunas, and a wide range of treatments based on the Chinese Five Elements theory.
Set conveniently off the lobby/reception area, the business center offers 4 computer workstations with large desk chairs. Events may be scheduled in the hotel's 9 meeting/conference rooms with audiovisual equipment and banquet facilities available. Wireless Internet access for a surcharge, event catering services, and wedding services are also provided.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 388
- Audiovisual equipment
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 24
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Health club
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tour assistance
- Luggage storage
- Designated smoking areas
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 9
- Pool sun loungers
- Secure outdoor parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Wedding services
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure outdoor parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Soundproofed rooms
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- In-room safe
Melba - Multi-level restaurant named after Melbourne's renowned opera diva Dame Nellie Melba. Floor-to-ceiling windows overlook Yarra River and city skyline. Glass-and-steel buffet stations lend to the modern, spacious feel of the restaurant and are complemented by creative light fixtures including small crystal-drop fixtures suspended above the stations. Open/interactive kitchen stations include a tandoori oven, wok, rotisserie, seafood ice blocks, teppanyaki, and floating desserts station. Menu includes Asian and Australian cuisines of salads, seafoods, and beef. Also popular for its chocolate fondue fountain. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Aria - Bar/lounge with sophisticated ambience generated by soft lighting, long marble-topped bar, and clusters of small tables divided by screens. Lamps with funky shades, and a unique crystal wall of light behind the bar add an updated feel. Teas, coffees, and light meals served throughout the day. Afternoon tea with assorted finger sandwiches, warm scones with jam and cream, petit fours, and cakes also served daily. Evening menu includes champagnes, classic cocktails, and wines from the Yarra Valley. Live music featured Wednesdays–Saturdays.
A wall of windows in the ninth-storey health club offers city views from the fitness centre, which features 13 cardio machines such as treadmills, elliptical/cross-training machines, stationary bikes, stair machines, and rowing machines. Pinned and free weights are also available, along with exercise balls in the stretching area. Pilates and yoga classes are offered daily.
A 20-metre pool and accompanying spa tub, which holds 20 people, are lit by a skylight that runs the length of the pool. The pool area opens out to a large sundeck that overlooks the Yarra River and city skyline.
Just a few hundred metres from the Yarra River, the Langham offers easy access to rowing and canoeing facilities, as well as bicycle-hire venues. A paved riverside path is popular for jogging, and the Royal Botanic Gardens, 1.5 km from the hotel, has a 3.7-km jogging/walking track known as the Tan. The nearest golf course is Albert Park (2 km). The Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in Albert Park has basketball, volleyball, squash/racquetball, and diving facilities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Playground nearby
- Pilates classes on site
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Located on level nine in the health club/pool area, Chuan Spa offers seven treatment rooms, men's and women's dressing areas with locker facilities, separate steam rooms and saunas, and private rooms for post-treatment relaxation.
In Chinese, chuan means “flowing water” and represents the rebirth and rebalancing of the entire being. Chuan Spa is a place designed to create an ambience of tranquility for contemplation and inspiration. Treatments aim to nurture, heal, and restore, and use products that represent the Five Elements: wood, earth, metal, fire, and water. To this end, guests are asked to complete a brief lifestyle elemental questionnaire before each treatment in order to determine which treatments suit their needs.
In addition to the signature Langham Chuan Spa products, the spa uses and sells options from the Thalgo skincare line, which draws inspiration from the marine environment.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- Roll-in shower
The Langham, Melbourne Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Only service dogs are allowed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 40 for adults and AUD 20 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 9.95 (for 60 minutes, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 9.95 (for 60 minutes, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 59 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 55 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Hotel property is rated 5 stars.