Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Queen Room
Standard Twin Room
Budget-friendly hotel close to city center, sports arenas
Close to the action
Set within the Southbank shopping/business complex and 200 meters (656 feet) from Yarra River, this modern-style hotel is just across Princes Bridge from the city center and within walking distance of Eureka Skydeck 88. The Victorian Arts Centre, Crown Casino, and Melbourne Cricket Ground are nearby.
Internet access, breakfast
Available wireless Internet allows for easy Internet access in the lobby area, which also has two vending machines, and a large breakfast room that offers a variety of hot and cold items each morning.
Decorated in cheery colors and modern, light-wood furnishings, the 275 guestrooms include kitchenettes with microwaves, electric kettles, mini-refrigerators, coffee/tea maker and cutlery. Rooms feature 32-inch LCD TVs with digital service, premium channels and pay movies. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is also available.
Wireless high-speed Internet access is available in the lobby for a fee. High-speed Internet access is also available in the 2 meeting rooms, which combined can accommodate up to 120 guests and include audiovisual equipment. Other business amenities include event catering, business services, and a roundtrip airport shuttle for a fee available on request.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 275
- Number of floors - 11
- Audiovisual equipment
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Tour assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Parking nearby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Clock radio
- Iron/ironing board
- Sofa bed
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Kitchen linens (dishtowels, sponges, etc.)
- LCD TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
A daily breakfast is available (surcharge) in the well-lit breakfast room on the main floor. It includes hot and cold cereals, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausages, juices, coffee, and tea. The breakfast room also features a TV and VCR.
The Travelodge does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area, and room service is available from nearby Sopranos bar and restaurant.
Walter's Wine Bar
Blue Train Cafe
Just a few hundred metres from the Yarra River, the Travelodge offers easy access to rowing and canoeing facilities, as well as bicycle-hire venues. A paved riverside path is popular for jogging, and the Royal Botanic Gardens, 1.5 km from the hotel, has a 3.7-km jogging/walking track known as the Tan. The nearest golf course is Albert Park (2 km). The Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in Albert Park has basketball, volleyball, squash/racquetball, and diving facilities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
Only service dogs are allowed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 19.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 19.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in limited public areas: AUD 2 (for 20 minutes, rates may vary)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 5 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Official Australia STAR Rating provided by AAA Tourism Pty Ltd
AAA Tourism Pty Ltd assigns an official STAR Rating for accommodations in Australia. This Motel property is rated 4 stars.