Availability: Lord Balfour
King RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Double Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Stylish boutique hotel on Ocean Drive
On Ocean Drive
This chic South Beach boutique hotel, housed in an Art Deco–era building on Ocean Drive, is across from the beach and a block from the SoFi club scene.
Sense of style
Lord Balfour's unique style is reflected in its vintage decor featuring mirrors and soft textures. Amenities at this Miami Beach hotel include a lobby bar.
All guestrooms at the Lord Balfour feature bamboo hardwood floors, 40-inch televisions, and iPod docking stations.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Lord Balfour Amenities
Constructed in 1940, Hotel Lord Balfour is an outstanding example of the Steamline Moderne style marked with forms of the industrial design of the era, designed by noted period Architect Anton Skislewicz.
With a nod to history and tradition, the hotel will take on its original moniker, and pay homage to Lord Balfour in a contemporary way. Vintage converges with modern in, at times, quirky design elements that deliver a touch of the unexpected. Malcolm Berg, and the team from Edge of Architecture, incorporate innovative and witty design to enhance the overall guest experience.
The hotel features a veranda on Ocean Drive to people watch or enjoy a refreshing beverage from the bar. The lobby incorporates a bar as well as a restaurant, and the space retains a few key original art deco elements, including a beautiful terrazzo floor and fireplace. Elevator doors retain some delicate detailing from the 1940’s. The interior palm courtyard allows you to escape and enjoy a morning coffee or evening cocktail.
Upon entering the hotel, a prominent display of mirrors makes a mockery of vanity underscoring the idea of self-celebrity ever present today. Clever words deliver messages in unexpected places, and the first encounter is a canopy of sorts leading to the hotel’s reception desk. A variety of textures begging you to reach out and touch have been integrated throughout the hotel in a whimsical way.
Guests have complimentary access to the fitness and business centers. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel. Beach access is across the street through a small park.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 64
- Number of floors - 4
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Year Built 1940
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Limo or Town Car service available
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
Lobby Bar - Serves British beers and a range of cocktails in the Art Deco lobby area.
The hotel does not have a swimming pool or sundeck. Beach access is a half-block away through a small park. Lounge chairs and umbrellas are included in the resort fee. Water sports equipment can be rented on the beach from independent operators. Miami Beach Golf Club is 18 blocks away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Lord Balfour Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
Hotel resort fee inclusions (may be listed elsewhere in this description as complimentary or available for a surcharge):
- A 13 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Resort fee: USD 18 per accommodation, per night
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Beach loungers
- Internet access (may be limited)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night (for stays between 1 January - 31 December)
- Spring Break deposit: USD 100.00 per night (for stays between 1 January - 31 December)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per day
- In-room microwave fee: USD 10.00 per day
- Additional Details
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.