Availability: Grand Hotel et de Milan
Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Double or Twin Room
Deluxe Double or Twin Room
Deluxe Double Room
Elegant Milan hotel in city center, steps from La Scala
Piazza del Duomo
Opened in 1863, this hotel is in the heart of Milan, 0.3 km (0.2 mi) from La Scala, 0.7 km (0.4 mi) from Piazza del Duomo, and 1 km (0.6 mi) from Castello Sforzesco. A metro station is 10 meters away.
The renowned Don Carlos restaurant pays homage to Maestro Giuseppe Verdi, who lived at the hotel for more than 20 years. The Caruso restaurant offers a summertime veranda facing a fashionable Milan street.
Individually decorated guestrooms feature balconies and period furnishings. Conveniences include wireless Internet access, minibars, and in-room safes. Italian marble bathrooms come with plush robes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Grand Hotel et de Milan Amenities
Grand Hotel et de Milan offers a prime location in the center of the city, at the intersection of Via Montenapoleone and Via della Spiga. La Scala is a 5-minute walk. Businesses, fashion houses, and historic sites are also within easy reach.
The hotel has hosted numerous VIPs over the years, including Giuseppe Verdi, Enrico Caruso, Maria Callas, and other luminaries from the opera world. The Don Carlos fine-dining restaurant is named after the Verdi opera. The Caruso restaurant offers a more casual ambience. Both provide outdoor seating during the warmer months.
In the modern fitness center, open during limited hours, floor-to-ceiling windows face the courtyard and admit abundant natural light.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Internet point
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 3
- Wedding services
- Room service (24 hours)
- Total number of rooms - 95
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Event catering
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Medical assistance available
- Currency exchange
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- Audiovisual equipment
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (complimentary)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Window opens
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Don Carlos - Italian cuisine in an intimate setting. Antique silver chandelier. Walls decorated with paintings, prints, photographs, and posters from La Scala Theatre Museum. Wine list with more than 200 labels. Wine cellar includes remnants of a Roman Empire wall dating from AD 250. Dinner served until late. Outdoor seating in warm weather.
Caruso - Milanese and Italian cuisine with a contemporary flair. Alfresco veranda overlooking Piazza Croce Rossa. Open throughout the year for breakfast and lunch.
Gerry's Bar - Lunch, afternoon tea, aperitifs, cocktails. Open till late.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Grand Hotel et de Milan Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property in cash: EUR 5 per person, per night, up to 14 nights. The tax will be reduced by 50% in August. The amount has been determined by the local administration and depends on the length of stay, property classification, and room price. This tax does not apply to residence-hotels, to residents of Milan, or children under 18 years of age. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For further details, please contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.
Guests are kindly requested to contact the property to communicate their arrival time. Guests can contact the property using the number on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
During Expo 2015, city taxes will be applied all year. For further details, please contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in kg is 8
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night, up to 14 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 35 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 50 per night
- Valet parking fee: EUR 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 110 per night
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.