Book your room at The Iron Horse Hotel
Deluxe Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Premium Room, 1 King Bed Corner AlcoveMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Deluxe Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
4-star romantic hotel with 3 restaurants in Milwaukee (Fifth Ward)
This romantic hotel is located in Milwaukee (Fifth Ward), close to Great Lakes Distillery, BMO Harris Bradley Center, and Milwaukee Art Museum. Also nearby are Discovery World and Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory.
In addition to 3 restaurants, The Iron Horse Hotel features a health club. Other amenities include a bar/lounge and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Plasma televisions include premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature beds with pillowtop mattresses, complimentary wireless Internet access, and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 4000 square feet (360 square meters) include conference space. This Art Deco hotel also offers a health club, spa services, and a library. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
The Iron Horse Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Billiards or pool table
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Total number of rooms - 100
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference space size (meters) - 360
- Spa services on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Year Built 1907
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 4000
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- Plasma TV
Where to Eat
The Iron Horse Hotel has 3 restaurants serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Smyth - This restaurant serves breakfast only.
The Yard - This restaurant specializes in seafood and serves lunch and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per day
- Pet fee: USD 75 per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 75
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Iron Horse Hotel is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.