Book your room at The Iron Horse Hotel
Deluxe Room, 2 Queen BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Deluxe Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Premium Room, 1 King Bed Corner AlcoveMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
Romantic Milwaukee hotel in Downtown Milwaukee, near BMO Harris Bradley Center
Located in Downtown Milwaukee, this romantic hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Great Lakes Distillery and BMO Harris Bradley Center. Milwaukee Art Museum and Discovery World are also within 2 mi (3 km).
Along with 3 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has a health club and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, valet parking, and coffee/tea in the lobby.
All 100 rooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, plasma TVs with cable channels, and comforts like pillowtop beds and Egyptian cotton sheets. Other amenities available to guests include private yards, refrigerators, and minibars.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Iron Horse Hotel
Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 4000 square feet (360 square meters) include conference space. This Art Deco hotel also offers a health club, spa services, and a library. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
The Iron Horse Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Computer station
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Health club
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Total number of rooms - 100
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 360
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Spa services on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Year Built 1907
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 4000
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Room service (limited hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- Plasma TV
Where to Eat
Branded - Onsite restaurant. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
The Library - This café serves breakfast only.
Smyth - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Yard - This restaurant specializes in seafood and serves lunch and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- All children are welcome.
- Children under 18 years old stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per day
- Pet fee: USD 75 per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 75
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Iron Horse Hotel is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.