Please enter your travel dates.
Milwaukee Romanesque-revival overlooks Lake Michigan
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia© Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Opened in 1893, this grand dame of Milwaukee is set in the financial district, 3 blocks from the Lake Michigan waterfront, and within 8 blocks of cultural, entertainment, and convention venues.
Spa, salon, and pool
The Pfister Hotel's WELL Spa includes 11 private treatment suites, a hair salon, and a fitness center. On the 23rd floor, surrounded by glass windows, an indoor pool offers panoramic city and lake views.
2-poster beds, Wi-Fi
Guestrooms are decorated with period-style furnishings and rich fabrics. All provide two-poster beds with Egyptian-cotton linens and pillowtop mattresses, bathrooms with marble vanities, as well as wireless & broadband Internet (surcharge).
Three blocks from Lake Michigan, The Pfister is within eight blocks of Milwaukee's convention, cultural, financial, and sporting venues. Dating from 1893, this grand dame hotel is cocooned in Victorian splendor, with an ornate lobby and a large selection of period art.
WELL Spa, with 11 private suites and a boutique, offers treatments such as Dairy State of Mind, Peace Core, massages and the Hammam Experience Shower. A range of body and facial treatments, salon services, waxing, and makeup application are also available (surcharges for all). Within the spa is a fitness center, which is complimentary for hotel guests. Glass windows and panoramic views surround the 23rd-floor indoor lap pool.
Also on the 23rd floor, Blu specializes in martinis and wine flights. Mason Street Grill showcases wood-grilled steaks and chops and a Continental-style café overlooks the passing parade on Jefferson Street. A full breakfast is served daily, from 6 AM to 11 AM. Hotel shops include a menswear store, women's boutique, and florist. A 24-hour business center and conference center are available, and complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby. This hotel is pet-friendly (surcharges apply). Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property; fines apply for violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Number of bars/lounges 3
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- One meeting/conference room
- Health club
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 13
- Total number of rooms - 307
- Parking garage
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1893
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 25000
- Conference center
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 2323
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- Television in lobby
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Dial-up Internet access - surcharge
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pillowtop mattress
- Sewing kit
- Air conditioning
- Extra towels/bedding
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Microwave (on request)
- Multi-line phone
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Turndown service (on request)
- Video-game console
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Plasma TV
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- City view
- Lake view
Mason Street Grill - Classic American-style grill with bar, and views of the city. Wood-grilled steaks and chops, creative sandwiches, and house-made desserts. Open for lunch and dinner.
Café Pfister - Varied menu including traditional breakfast items, housemade soups and seasonal salads, as well as housemade pastries and desserts, with views of the city. Low-carb and heart-healthy options. Coffee, breakfast, lunch and dinner, including a children's menu, are available.
The Rouge - Lavish Sunday Champagne brunch. Over 40 items including carving stations, made-to-order pasta, omelettes, fresh fruits, cheeses, and decadent desserts, as well as Mimosas and signature Bloody Marys. Reservations recommended.
Lobby Lounge - A carved fireplace and comfortable sofas. Live piano music evenings and during the weekday lunch hour. Open for beverages and light appetizers until 1 AM.
Blu - On the hotel's 23rd floor, with panoramic views of downtown Milwaukee and Lake Michigan. Enjoy classic cocktails, Martinis and an extensive wine selection.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
In WELL Spa, the complimentary fitness center provides treadmills, stair machines, elliptical trainers, weight-training machines, and free weights. Glass windows and panoramic views surround an indoor lap pool on the 23rd floor.
The hotel is three blocks from Lake Michigan's well-maintained lakefront path where bicycles and inline skates can be rented. Seasonal water sports at the lake includes sailing, personal watercraft, windsurfing, and kayaking.
Open to the public, the Milwaukee County Golf Courses are a network of 15 courses arranged in skill-level categories. Many have driving ranges and practice areas. The hotel concierge can assist with planning tee times.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Rafting nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Boating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Table tennis nearby
- Swimming on site
The WELL Spa is a new urban oasis for nourishing mind, body and soul. From the blending of aromatics to the selection of music, guests indulge in an experience of pure luxury. The WELL Spa, located on the first floor of the Pfister Hotel, provides health and wellness services, featuring couples treatment rooms, a spa tub and a Turkish bath/Hammam.
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Spa boutique
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 75.00
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in business center: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per room, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 50 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 35.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through Travel Green Wisconsin thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.