Book your room at Marriott Monterey
Near Fisherman's Wharf and conference center
Connected to the Monterey Conference Center by a footbridge, this smoke-free downtown hotel is 3 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, and less than 2 miles from Cannery Row and Monterey Bay Aquarium.
The hotel houses meeting facilities, a sports bar, a coffee bar, and a café. A heated pool and spa tub reside in an inner courtyard and a fitness center features cardio machines with built-in LCD TVs.
Guestrooms decorated in bright, lively colors feature signature bedding with down duvets and separate mattress toppers. Additional amenities include TVs with HBO and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
- The Overview
The smoke-free Marriott Monterey is three blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, and within two miles of Cannery Row.
A heated swimming pool and spa tub are located in an enclosed courtyard, and a fitness center overlooking the courtyard has cardio machines with LCD TVs.
Breakfast and lunch are served daily at the Three Flags Cafe. A sports bar is open for dinner, and a lobby bar serves Starbucks specialty coffees.
Guests have access to a business center with high-speed Internet access and fax and copy services (surcharges). Wireless Internet access is also available in the lobby and select meeting rooms for a surcharge. Overall, the hotel offers 56,000 square feet of flexible meeting space.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Number of floors - 10
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Total number of rooms - 341
- Parking garage
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Pool table
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 56,000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 5203
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- The Room
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Microwave (on request)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- The Eats
Three Flags Café - Casual restaurant serving traditional American fare. Breakfast buffet, à la carte breakfast, and lunch daily. Soups, salads, appetizers, and burgers. Menu may include Maryland crab-cake sandwiches, and pan-seared lemon sole.
Characters Sports Bar and Grill - Memorabilia-rich sports bar with multiple TVs and a pool table. Light meals and dinner daily from mid-afternoon. Salads, appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, steaks, and pasta.
Lobby Coffee Bar - Hot and cold beverages, including espresso. Starbucks coffee. Fresh pastries and sandwiches daily.
- Out and About
The hotel's lap pool and spa tub are located in an enclosed courtyard. Overlooking the pool, a fitness center has cardio machines with LCD TVs and strength training equipment.
There are numerous golf courses in the Monterey area, including historic Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill, both located eight miles from the hotel, and Carmel Valley Ranch, 11 miles away. Bike rentals are available at Cannery Row, located less than two miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Swimming on site
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for Marriott Monterey
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 20 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in Energy Star For Hospitality, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.