Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Room, 1 Queen Bed - 50$ Spa Credit + Welcome Drink
Junior Suite, 1 Queen Bed
Superior Suite, 1 King Bed
In the center of Old Montréal
In Old Montréal
Housed within a converted 1800s bank building, this European-style boutique hotel is in Montréal's historic district, surrounded by fine restaurants and shops, and 4 blocks from the Old Port.
Hotel Le St-James Montréal has complimentary newspapers and shoe shine service. Concierge service, valet parking, room service, and reception are available 24 hours. The hotel also offers complimentary wireless Internet access.
Lap of luxury
Furnished with fine art and antiques, the spacious guestrooms at Hotel Le St-James Montréal provide views of the historic city. Beds are topped with Frette Italian linens and down duvets. Marble bathrooms feature walk-in showers.
Located in Old Montréal, Hotel Le St-James Montréal is surrounded by fine shops and restaurants.
The hotel occupies a handsome bank building built in 1870; its original sculptures and moldings have been restored. The elite day spa was formerly the bank's vault and it has retained the original stone walls. Spa services feature products by Pevonia, a Swiss skincare line that uses botanical ingredients. The fitness area is equipped with cardio machines and weight-training equipment. Use of the fitness center, sauna, and steam rooms is complimentary one hour before or after any treatment at the spa.
Serving daily breakfast, XO Restaurant features an opulent dining room with crystal chandeliers, two mezzanines, and intimate dining alcoves.
In the hotel's lobby, a library offers a sitting area, collections of historical and contemporary books, upscale magazines, and a wide variety of daily newspapers. Complimentary wired and wireless (high-speed) Internet access is also available. Child care is available, as is an airport shuttle (with advanced notice).
- Babysitting or childcare
- Airport transportation
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 60
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 12
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Health club
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 6351
- Security guard
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Tour assistance
- Fireplace in lobby
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 590
- Year Built 1870
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- CD player
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- iPod docking station
- Multi-line phone
- Premium bedding
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Private bathroom
- Turndown service
- Bathroom scale
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Sewing kit
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Window opens
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
XO Restaurant - Ornate dining room with two mezzanines, intimate alcoves, and crystal chandeliers. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Saturday and Sunday brunch. Bar open daily from early afternoon to late evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
The hotel's fitness room is equipped with cardio machines, a weight-training machine, and free weights. Guests can enjoy complimentary use of the fitness center, sauna, and steam room one hour prior to or after their treatment appointment at the spa (upon availability).
This Montréal hotel is four blocks from running and cycling paths along the Old Port. Beautiful Mount Royal Park, 5.5 km (3.5 mi) away, offers cross-country skiing, ice skating, hiking, biking, birdwatching, pedal-boating, and numerous other recreational activities.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Boating nearby
- Dock nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Facial treatments
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at noon
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: CAD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 20 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 35 per night
- Pet fee: CAD 40.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 50 per night
- Additional Details
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Le St-James Montréal is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.