Book your room at Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Please enter your travel dates.
New Orleans hotel, in French Quarter
New Orleans landmark
This French Quarter hotel opened in 1886 and is within 4 blocks of Jackson Square, Canal St shops, Harrah's New Orleans Casino, Café du Monde, and the restaurants and jazz clubs of lively Bourbon St.
A literary legacy
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans is home to the famous revolving Carousel Bar, a favorite of playwright Tennessee Williams, the hotel also offers a rooftop outdoor pool. Free WiFi is available throughout.
French Quarter views
Guestrooms at Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans provide views of the French Quarter or surrounding cityscape, high-speed Internet access, antique-reproduction furnishings, and marble-and-granite bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
At your hotel
Hotel Monteleon New Orleans is a historic French Quarter hotel that is within a half-mile of Canal St. shopping, the Aquarium of the Americas, and the nightlife of Bourbon St.
Hotel Monteleone has a restaurants and features the revolving Carousel Bar, a must-see on every literary visitor's list attractions in the city.
The heated rooftop pool affords spectacular views of the French Quarter. Other highlights include a day spa (surcharge), fitness center, and barbershop.
A business center provides computers with high-speed Internet access, faxing, copying, printing, and office supplies (surcharges). Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel's public areas.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 570
- Number of floors - 17
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Luggage storage
- Shopping on site
- Concierge services
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 24000
- Conference space size (meters) - 2230
- Number of meeting rooms - 25
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 1886
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Park your car
Valet parking (surcharge)
In your room
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
Eat and drink
Carousel Lounge - Famous haunt of well-known American writers, artists, and entertainers for generations. Revolving carousel with circus motif for a bar, hand-painted barstools, and fiber-optic stars. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres during evening cocktail hour. Occasional live piano entertainment. Open from late morning until late night.
Poolside Bar - Adjacent to the rooftop pool. Serving snacks and beverages. Open seasonally.
A 30-foot heated pool on a rooftop deck of Hotel Monteleon New Orleans provides French Quarter views. The fitness center includes treadmills, stationary bikes, a stair machine, a strength-training machine, fresh fruit, and towels.
Four blocks away, Jackson Square is a popular jogging spot.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
The Spa Aria offers a range of treatments and beauty services including massages, manicures and pedicures, body scrubs, reflexology and waxing. Couples treatment rooms are available.
- Swedish massage
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
The fine print for Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Valet parking fee: USD 44.80 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night plus USD 100 one-time cleaning
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
Special Internet Offer
Book a stay in any room or rate category, for travel anytime, and receive the following:
- Accommodations as selected
- .5 MB of free Internet access per day