Book your room at Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Please enter your travel dates.
New Orleans hotel, in French Quarter
New Orleans landmark
This French Quarter hotel opened in 1886 and is within 4 blocks of Jackson Square, Canal St shops, Harrah's New Orleans Casino, Café du Monde, and the restaurants and jazz clubs of lively Bourbon St.
A literary legacy
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans is home to the famous revolving Carousel Bar, a favorite of playwright Tennessee Williams, the hotel also offers a rooftop outdoor pool.
French Quarter views
Guestrooms at Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans provide views of the French Quarter or surrounding cityscape, high-speed Internet access, antique-reproduction furnishings, and marble-and-granite bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Hotel Monteleon New Orleans is a historic French Quarter hotel that is within a half-mile of Canal St. shopping, the Aquarium of the Americas, and the nightlife of Bourbon St.
Hotel Monteleone has a restaurants and features the revolving Carousel Bar, a must-see on every literary visitor's list attractions in the city.
The heated rooftop pool affords spectacular views of the French Quarter. Other highlights include a day spa (surcharge), fitness center, and barbershop.
A business center provides computers with high-speed Internet access, faxing, copying, printing, and office supplies (surcharges). Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available throughout the hotel's public areas.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 570
- Number of floors - 17
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Concierge services
- Tour assistance
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 24000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 2230
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 25
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Technology support staff
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 1886
- 24-hour business center
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- In the room
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Refrigerator (on request)
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Flat-panel TV
- Eat and drink
Carousel Lounge - Famous haunt of well-known American writers, artists, and entertainers for generations. Revolving carousel with circus motif for a bar, hand-painted barstools, and fiber-optic stars. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres during evening cocktail hour. Occasional live piano entertainment. Open from late morning until late night.
Poolside Bar - Adjacent to the rooftop pool. Serving snacks and beverages. Open seasonally.
A 30-foot heated pool on a rooftop deck of Hotel Monteleon New Orleans provides French Quarter views. The fitness center includes treadmills, stationary bikes, a stair machine, a strength-training machine, fresh fruit, and towels.
Four blocks away, Jackson Square is a popular jogging spot.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Swimming on site
The Spa Aria offers a range of treatments and beauty services including massages, manicures and pedicures, body scrubs, reflexology and waxing. Couples treatment rooms are available.
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
The Fine Print for Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Your pets
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44.80 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per night plus USD 100 one-time cleaning
- We Should Mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.